Friday, April 26, 2013

It's My Blog, and I'll Cry If I Want To

 I love to Crossfit.
 Not so much when I'm pregnant and my bladder control is non existent (TMI?...Nah) .
#pregnantgirlprobs

My daughter is 3 1/2.
Hubby has been deployed, in the field, in training, or stationed cross country for more than 50% of her life.
For only being 3 1/2, 50% of her life is a LOT!
The first two years of our marriage, my hubs was on the drill field, and I was on recruiting duty.
Basically, we slept in the same bed and never saw each other awake.
I got up at 3am some mornings to go to work while he got home at midnight.
The next 3 years of our marriage was spent with him deployed to Afghan twice, gone for a month here and there for the field, and gone here and there for schools, training evolutions, etc....you know...military stuff.

So when he requested to come on this duty to be an AMOI (google it if you don't know), he assured me that this would be the most "normal" 3 years of our lives.
He would work normal hours, have most weekends off, wouldn't deploy, and wouldn't go to the field.
He told me it would be like being married to a civilian!

Boy, what was I thinking?!
SERIOUSLY!

I should know better seeing as how I spent 10 years of my life in this gun club.
In 10 years, I don't think I've ever had a job with "normalness".
Why did I think it would miraculously change when I took off my combat boots and became just a MilSo?

GAH.

I'm thankful he's not deployed in Afghanistan in danger.

But seriously...there really is no such thing as a "normal" duty in this gun club...
At least for my family, I feel like.

I guess he'll have "normal" hours when he retires...
The count down has begun...
8 more years...


4 comments:

  1. I love that text, made me laugh! I can completely relate on the crazy schedule...my hubby and I always seem to be living separate lives, yet living under the same roof. Yay for countdowns :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand about the crazy schedule. My husband is in security forces so his schedule would be all sorts of nuts.

    Mine is probably going to get out in about 8 years as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just talking to my sister in law about this yesterday, he husband just got back from deployment and is working crazy hours and hardly making it home before hte kids get in bed. We have been so blessed having a 'normal' schedule here in Monterey, I dont think I will be able to get used to Kev starting up a real Army job again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're an adorable pregnant lady! And that text made me laugh! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!