Sunday, March 29, 2015

Oh Texas...I Heart You

Being back in Texas has made me a much happier person.
People who knew me in Massachusetts always comment on how much happier my Facebook posts are.
I also blog a lot less because I spend so much time being happy...lol.
I'm just a girl that was meant to live somewhere warm(er) than Massachusetts!
The only downside is that I never want to do anything productive, because I want to spend every waking moment outside until it gets dark.
And as of now, it doesn't get dark until like 8 in the evening which is a problem when your kids bedtimes are at 8. 
It's Sunday night, and I am just reflecting on the most amazing weekend.
Actually...
EVERY weekend has been nothing short of awesome since moving back to my beloved home state.
But a weekend like THIS weekend just made me appreciate this amazing state even more.

First off...
When we bought our little house in Texas, I knew I wanted to revamp my decor.
In Massachusetts, my house was a reflection of my mood.
I painted the walls a dark color, and the overall mood of the house was somber.
I also wanted warm colors on the walls because it was so dang cold there.
I felt like dark colors would make me "feel" warm.
When we moved to Texas, my attitude was so cheerful, happy, and bright.
I knew I wanted our new home to reflect that.
I brightened up our house by painting everything in bright colors, and adding decor that brought "light" into the room.
Our living room had this giant blank wall, and I couldn't decide what I wanted to hang on it.
After spending WAY TOO MUCH time on Pinterest, I decided I wanted these white resin animal heads from Z. Gallerie.
I just couldn't jump the gun because of the price.
For my birthday, Nick let me go on a little spending spree, and I bought my animal heads.
I purchased this rustic mirror from Hobby Lobby with some help with a generous gift card my amazing neighbors got me for my birthday.
My living room wall is complete, and I finally feel happy when I look at it.

Our family does homemade grilled pizza night every Friday night (a tradition we carried over from Massachusetts to Texas).
We take our leftovers from the week, and put it on a pizza!
It's an awesome way to not waste your leftovers!
Mattis loves it....

Nicks buddy from his younger days in the Marine Corps lives in Houston.
He brought his son to good ole Aggieland to go fishing with us.
Nick had to work Saturday morning, but as soon as he got home, we packed up the truck and headed out to the lake.


The gals...
One of the other Marines that is doing the MECEP program like Nick is an avid outdoorsman and a native Texan.
Him and his family has become one of our favorite fishing companions!
His wife, Carley, and I hit it off right away.
We automatically had a lot in common as soon as we met.
We always have a blast!
This is all the girls on Saturday...
Me, Carley, her daughter Bre, and Dannika.

Fishing, BBQing, beer...
Texas livin' at its' best.

Nick ended up with 3 catfish for the day!

All the boys...minus Mattis.

We ended our weekend with church, shopping for Easter clothes, and for me...a nice run.
I was dehydrated from last night (way too much beer), but I was determined to torture force myself to go for a run.
When I looked at my runkeeper, I couldn't believe how fast my pace was! 
I felt like I was chugging along at barely a 10 minute pace!
Maybe I was running faster so I could get home and drink a big glass of water to quench my undying thirst!
Check out my AWESOME running tank...UnderArmour!
 During my run, all I could think about was having a cool, crisp salad for dinner.
I wasn't feelin' any meat, so a hearty salad it was!
It was pretty freaking amazing....
My weekend was amazing, and every amazing weekend I have here reminds me of how blessed I truly am.
I experienced so much misery in Massachusetts that I feel like living here is my "reward" for surviving New England!
I seriously need a shirt that says, "I survived New England". 
Hope y'all had a great weekend, and if not, there's always next weekend!!!

4 comments:

  1. Bahaha I am so glad you are enjoying life in Texas. That last part is great.. and really made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how living in a particular place can change your attitude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you are always so happy about living in Texas and having warm weather. I live in Michigan but really wish I could move somewhere warmer. I hate the cold weather and try to talk my husband into moving every winter. I know I would be so much happier if I lived in a warmer climate year round! But since my husband and I have both lived in Michigan our entire lives, moving is unlikely to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Z gallerie!!! Some of my very favorite home pieces are from there. I am sure Chris is happy there is not one in Alaska. But we are getting a new Pier 1, so everyone rejoice! Lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!