Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I'm Back!

I took spring break off from blogging to enjoy time with my family.
We were so on the "go go go" anyway that I didn't have much time to jump on the computer to blog!
If you follow me on Instagram (@domesticatedcombatboots), I did post a TON of photos of our wonderful little spring break.
I'll do a post on it soon!

Today is my LAST day as a 30 year old!
~WOW~
It doesn't feel any different, and I sure as heck don't feel much different...
Well 10 years in the Marine Corps did leave me with a bum knee, an achy hip, and creaky bones, but other than that, I feel like a million bucks.
I've written many times before about how I'm not one of "those women" who dread aging.
I don't lie about my age...I actually happily tell people.
I think I look as young as I feel, and to be honest, my body is in better health now than it was at 21.
I've also been happily applying anti aging cream since I was like 21 or something....maintenance and prevention are key, people!!!
It's also nice that I still get carded (like legit carded...not sympathy carded) when I go buy alcohol without my kids in tow.
For some reason, having two kids automatically makes people assume that you're over 21?
I'm happy in life, marriage, kids, and my faith.
God has abundantly blessed me over the last 30 years.
Not saying life has been peachy all 30 years, and if you know me well enough, you know my deepest, darkest, and most painful secrets.
BUT....
He's pursued me relentlessly in my darkest times of life, and when I look at what He did with those trials and tribulations today, the bigger picture is so much grander.
So here's to OFFICIALLY entering my 30's!!!

I'm glad to be doing it with this special guy...
Pic taken at the Florida Georgia Line concert at the Houston rodeo over Spring Break...blog to come soon!


5 comments:

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!