Tuesday, March 10, 2015

It's Just Not Me

I wrote a blog about "why I don't want to make money from home" a few days ago.
I generally got some pretty good feedback from people who felt the same way I did.
I also got some "not-so-great feedback" from people who disagreed with me.
The negative feedback mainly came from friends who were making a living (or as a hobby) doing multilevel marketing.
Some of them felt I was bashing them, when in reality I don't feel like I did.
In fact, I buy several products from friends who sell products for these companies.
I mentioned in the post how much I LOVE my Scentsy products and my Younique 3D fiberlash mascara.
I will continue to buy these products as long as they keep selling them!
My problem was that as soon as I made a first purchase from one of my "friends", I already knew the Facebook message was coming.
 Something to the effect of...
"Hey! I hope you love your product as much as I do! In fact, I ended up loving it so much that I decided to start selling it! I know you're a busy mom that goes to school, and I think it'd be a great way for you to make some extra cash on the side! You get to make your own hours!"
I always politely decline.
I'm never rude about it because I know there are things people are passionate about doing.
I get rude when the same people constantly bombard me about joining their "teams". 
Why can't I just be a loyal customer?!
And I know that my friends that are part of these companies absolutely believe in what they are selling. 

It's just that I don't want to "sell" anything anymore.
Like I wrote in my blog, I spent a good chunk of my career as a recruiter in the Marine Corps.
I sold a lifestyle...a not so popular lifestyle...a lifestyle that could potentially put people in harm's way...a lifestyle that would define someone for the rest of their life....
It was one of the toughest billets I held in the Marine Corps, and because of that experience, I really never want to sell anything ever again.

So to all my friends who took a little offense to my post.
It was not intentional.
I love a lot of your products, and I will continue to be your loyal customer.
In fact, I buy my Scentsy and Younique from the same two people who first introduced me to the products.
To my friends who want to sell me Advocare or Beachbody, please just leave me alone.
It's awkward to tell you "no" more than once.
I like where I'm at with my health and fitness.
I eat healthier than the average person.
I don't need that extra "boost".
I'm happy with how my body looks, and Chalene Johnson is just not for me.  
I also don't like "at home" work outs....I enjoy the gym where I get two hours of free childcare. 
I don't do shakes or energy powders or pills or whatever....
I'm happy it works for you, and I totally see your amazing results on your Instagram and Facebook pages.
It makes me happy to see people make amazing transformations.

It's just not me.



6 comments:

  1. Good for those who do it but I would they would understand that it isn't for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I totally agree. I'll support you but don't hound me. I also get annoyed when someone I barely know invites me to every single one of their home parties. It is overkill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I totally agree. I'll support you but don't hound me. I also get annoyed when someone I barely know invites me to every single one of their home parties. It is overkill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. The body wraps are the most annoying. How many times do I have to tell girls I haven't spoken to since high school that I'm not interested in losing 5 inches before my date tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen. The body wraps are the most annoying. How many times do I have to tell girls I haven't spoken to since high school that I'm not interested in losing 5 inches before my date tonight?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!