Friday, March 6, 2015

No, I Don't Want to Make Money From Home

I feel like we are in a fitness revolution.
Every time I log on to my Facebook or Instagram, my feed is bombarded with people's "gym selfies", work out motivation, crossfit photos, healthy food photos, marathon finish photos, shakes, and the list goes on.
It actually makes me smile knowing that more people are taking control of their health and fitness. 
I'm not one of those people who get annoyed with people's constant fitness motivation and "fitspiration".
It's motivating, and if it can motivate ONE person to make one healthy lifestyle change in their life that day, then you did your job. 

But can I tell you what really gets under my skin?
People who have absolutely no education and background in health and nutrition dishing out health and fitness advice like experts.
It also bothers me that multilevel marketing companies (not gonna name them, but you know 'em) can make someone instantly an "expert" by calling their independent sales consultants "coaches" and "nutrition experts".
It also bothers me when people buy into all this marketing.

"MAKE MONEY FROM HOME!"
"MAKE YOUR OWN HOURS!"
"JOIN MY TEAM!"
"GET FREE STUFF!"

Now, I'm just go ahead and say, I have lots of friends who do multilevel marketing that are making a pretty decent living for themselves.
I also like to buy certain products from them....like Scentsy and Younique mascara (just their mascara).
Other than that, I usually politely decline their offers to me to join their "teams" or I just start ignoring them.
I'm not trying to be rude, but I spent a good 3 years of my career as a Marine on recruiting duty.
I didn't sell mascara and candle melts.
I freaking sold the Marine Corps to young men and women up for the challenge and bettering themselves.
And it's a pretty dang stressful job.
I worked with a combat vet and purple heart recipient in my office, and he used to say all the time that recruiting was some days harder than combat, and that he'd rather get shot at again than be a recruiter again.
True. Story.

So as you can see, I am pretty much OVER "selling" anything.
I don't want to sell anything ever again for the rest of my life.

Well, I just went on a tangent there.
I guess my point is, I love that people have found their own way of losing weight and staying fit (that works for them).
But it doesn't mean it works for every one.
You'll never see me drinking an Advocare shake or drink, and you'll never see me doing some Chalene Johnson piyo video in my living room.
I have my own fitness routine and healthy eating habit that has worked for me for YEARS.
You're not going to change my mind on that, because it's been working for me.
I obviously never complain about losing weight on my own after having babies, nor have I ever complained about my fitness and my body....
It means I'm happy with what is working for me, and your shakes and drinks isn't what I'm looking for.

I love you friends, but please stop asking me to join your team to sell your stuff.
I admire you for doing what you gotta do to make money from home and make your own hours.
It's just not me. 


Oh, and I'm going to see John Legend tonight!!!
whoop whoop!!



5 comments:

  1. Have fun at the concert!

    I basically ignore the JOIN MY TEAM posts. I'd rather not. I don't buy that stuff at all.

    My feed is full of junk food though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you so much. Since we moved to our first duty station, I have been BOMBARDED with wives practically begging me to buy products from them, join their teams, host parties, etc.... and I want NOTHING to do with ANY of those companies, haha. And yes, it bothers me too that someone can become a "coach" for simply signing up for company... what the heck?! I have a few friends who do that, and I'm just like, "but you just do yoga... what?!" Oh well... not my problem, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I gave up facebook for Lent and I don't miss it one but! I feel like a lot of my newsfeed had turned into exactly what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!! I have no desire to do any of these businesses, good for those who do it but I just don't want to hear about it. It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!