Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day recap

I hope everyone had a FABULOUS Valentine's Day!
Mine was nothing short of amazing.
I got to spend it with the ones I love most (hubby and the kids)!

I honestly can't remember the last time Nick and I went out to eat ON Valentine's Day.
I dread fighting the crowds, and since we live in a college town, Valentine's Day here is like Valentine's Day on crack!
Last year, I cooked filet mignons for Nick and me, and we enjoyed it peacefully alone in our home with wine after we put the kids to bed.

So here's our Valentine's Day recap of 2015!

We started our day planting our spring garden!!
Can i just add that I am SO GRATEFUL that I no longer live in a place with actual winters!
This is the life I love!

After gardening, I took a shower, and came out to our patio setup for a Valentine's day date in our backyard!
Hubby wins!

We had sushi delivered to our house.
We fed the kids first, and let them run free in the backyard.
While they entertained themselves, Nick and I enjoyed our sushi, enjoyed uninterrupted conversation, and watched our kids play. 
We sat outside until it got dark!



At the end of the night, we finshed off with a bottle of Messina Hof's almond champagne.
Messina Hof is a winery local to this area, and the last time we went there for dinner, we picked up a bottle of this deliciousness.
We were waiting for a fun occasion to have it!

And of course, before bed, we watched some Fresh Prince!!

How was your Valentine's Day?

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome dinner setup. And how lucky you got to enjoy it outside. Glad you all had a wonderful valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome dinner setup. And how lucky you got to enjoy it outside. Glad you all had a wonderful valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a super fun Valentine's Day!! I'm pretty jealous of the weather there right about now... ugh! So cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband definitely IS a keeper! That was so sweet. and your garden looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!