Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Haters Need Not Apply

I love Valentine's Day.
I love the hearts, the chocolates, the overpriced flowers, the parties....
The romance...
I love that there is a day to celebrate love.

As I was scrolling through my newsfeed this morning, I read the typical posts that "Valentine's Day haters" post.
Here's the two common themes...
"I hate Valentine's Day! It's such a commercial holiday!"
"I show my (so and so) that I love them every day of the year! I don't need Valentine's Day to show them."

To me, Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate the idea of love.
We go through life every day busy with work, kids, school, family...
Life is busy!
It's nice that there's a day in the year to remind us that without love, this world would really suck!
It doesn't have to be romance today.
Since becoming a mom, I always do something special with my kids today.
I want to celebrate our love for them!

I completely agree that this holiday is totally a commercial holiday meant to make money, etc. etc. etc.
But I'm an optimist, and to me, that means it's a day for people to spend money and stimulate our economy! BOOM! HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES (or chocolates)?!?

Seriously though...
Your negativity is not needed on a day most people like to celebrate love.
Do ME a favor and stay off Facebook today if you don't want to see everyone's "cheesy" Valentine's day posts and photos.
I have noticed most (I said MOST) of the people who are negative about today tend to be either my very pessimistic friends, single friends, or friends in bad relationships.

And if you aren't gonna stay off social media, maybe you can find a little bit of positivity and LOVE in your heart, and tell someone on Facebook that you love them!

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all!!

I do personalized Valentines for Dannika's school every year!


Valentine's Day outfit for school!

Nick and I always go to the gym on Friday mornings today. He told me he couldn't go yesterday because of school stuff, so I went by myself. I came home to all of this! The note next to the remote said "press play". He had the TV set to play all my favorite country tunes!


Dannika had a Valentine's Day ice cream sundae party at her school, and Nick, Mattis, and I got to join in! It was so much fun!
My princess opening her Valentine's Day gift this morning! We don't spent a lot of money! I buy her some cute knick knacks from the dollar section at Target! She loves them!
I got this stud a toolbox for his new truck!












7 comments:

  1. I don't mind the holiday either. I mean, hello, there's CHOCOLATE. I can't hate a holiday with chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes and yes.
    I've always loved the day, ever since I was little, and I'm not going to let other haters, even my husband some years, steal my joy for the day.
    Happy Valentines Day Hana!
    #BecauseHefirstlovedus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you -- I don't mind the holiday. And I still enjoy it, even though my husband isn't a typical "gift" giver, either. I got the kids something little, took them out for lunch and am making our traditional spaghetti for dinner tonight. Sometimes, its just about slowing down and enjoying each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I seriously can't stand the haters. Yes the five billion flower pictures are kinda annoying.. still... it's about love and haters aren't welcome! So glad yall had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! I seriously can't stand the haters. Yes the five billion flower pictures are kinda annoying.. still... it's about love and haters aren't welcome! So glad yall had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dannika looked so cute and Nick did a great job surprising you. Glad you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!