Saturday, February 7, 2015

Rainbows and Unicorns

Ever since moving back to CS, people have told me that they've never seen me look so happy.
Is it that obvious????
Does it look like the sunshine just follows me around with rainbows and unicorns all around me?!
I have to pinch myself to believe that this is my life right now.
I am FINALLY living back in Texas...my home state....my home sweet home...my sanctuary.
I am in a place where it isn't snowing and below freezing all winter.
I am in LOVE with our house and most importantly our neighbors.
I am gainfully employed as a full time student, and finally feel a real purpose in my life (since getting out of the Marine Corps).
My marriage is in a great place.
My kids are thriving. 
I can't help but grin from ear to ear thinking about my amazing life here. 
I told Nick that he may have to "geobach" the rest of his time in the Corps, because I'm not gonna want to leave here!

I mean seriously...
There is NO WAY we would be playing outside in February like this in Massachusetts...

I like to add dialogue to Mattis when he's playing since he doesn't really talk yet...
Mattis: Hey man...check out my sweet ride.
Eli: Dude, I know it's your sister's car. You can't even reach the gas.

Guess he ran outta gas...

Or maybe it was a flat...

We went fishing today.
The weather was absolutely gorgeous (and windy)!




Another Gunny that is part of the MECEP program with Nick came out with his kids and his dog (in the picture).

I can't believe the weekend isn't even over yet, because it's been such an amazing weekend so far.
I am truly thankful for the opportunity for us to be here.
I really do believe that some of the hardships we endured as a family in Massachusetts was God's way of getting us out of our comfort zone.
Texas is just are reward....

Happy Saturday, y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my...the dialog for Mattis...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can really make a huge difference when you love where you live. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute pictures!! And how great that you are back in a place you call home, I bet everyone is just so happy!! :) And sunshine...I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!