Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Bowl Weekend

Did your team win?
My team didn't make it to the Superbowl, but I figured I had a pick a team to root for to win it.
I chose the Seahawks because I have a strong hatred for Tom Brady and the pats. 
When the Seahawks lost (after the worst call in Super Bowl history), I took it extremely personal.
I mean, the Seahawks aren't even MY team, but just the fact that the pats won fueled my anger.
My strong hatred for the team really started with my time in New England.
I left New England with a bad taste in my mouth, and MOST (not ALL) of the Patriots fans I ever met were SO annoying, in my face, and rude.
I once wore my Dallas Cowboys hat to Target, and some random guy in the parking lot started talking crap to me in front of my children.
If my children weren't with me, I'm pretty sure there was no way I could have been the bigger person and just walked away (like I did). 
New England did give me some amazing memories (and delicious "lobstah" and "chowdah")
 I grew a lot as a person both spiritually (thanks to the amazing church we found there) and emotionally, BUT I was the most depressed when I lived there.
Let's face it...I'm not cut out for 6 month long winters, snow, no sunshine, traffic, and Boston sports fans.
I realized that a lot of people who are not patriots fans don't like the patriots for the same reasons I don't...
1. Tom Brady is annoying.
2. The fans (most of them) are rude and downright jerks.
I actually hate the Red Sox too...for the same reasons (well except Brady since he doesn't play baseball).

ANYWAY...
I have calmed down now, and I'm over the Super Bowl.
I'm ready for baseball season (although, I don't keep up with baseball like I do football).
Besides the fact that I had a mini tantrum over the game, my weekend was pretty amazing!
Here's a little recap through my iPhone...

Nick always cooks breakfast on Saturday mornings, lets me sleep in, AND does the dishes.
I don't think there's anything more sexier than that! 

Our neighbors have chickens!
Dannika and her friend that lives down the street from us love to help feed them, clean the coop, and get their eggs!

On Saturday night, we had a "family date night"!
We all went to have some good ole fashioned TEX MEX food at Chuy's!
Nick and I are complete Mexican food snobs.
After living in SoCal and Texas, I refused to eat the atrocious food they called "Mexican" in Massachusetts.
We are planning on completely taking advantage of the delicious Mexican food here in Texas!

Sunday afternoon, I spent my time studying and working on a research paper for school.
After finishing, I had a glass of wine and relaxed while Nick and the kids were outside.
This view from my living room into our dining room made me smile
I am absolutely in love with our home here in Texas...

Our next door neighbors hosted a Superbowl party.
Nick and our neighbors both smoked ribs and they boiled 20 pounds of crawfish!
There was SO MUCH food, and to be honest, no one paid TOO much attention to the game.
It was a true Texas style Superbowl party!





Super Bowl was a blast.
The food was awesome.
The company was amazing.
Besides the outcome of the game, I couldn't have asked for a better time.
I just wish Superbowl was on a Saturday...or Monday was a national holiday....

And lastly...
I got a new Shark (steam mop) today....
D and I were so excited to use it!
You know you're old when you get overly excited about trying out your new steam mop....
Mattis is afraid of it, so he just sat on our coffee table and watched us play with our new toy :)


I hope y'all had a great weekend!
I've been catching up on all y'alls blogs!!!
School has been kicking my butt, so I'm not blogging as much as I would like to, but I've been doing my best to make time!!!

HAPPY FEBRUARY!

5 comments:

  1. Oh girl! Not ALL of us NE sports fans are jerks! I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea ... but it really makes me sad when people pass over the ENTIRE team based on their impression of one {key} player. I fully admit, Brady is conceited and lets a LOT go to his head. No way he should have gotten MVP last night.

    Anyways ... I'm right there with you -- I'm not cut out for snow and cold and dark, etc. I need the sunshine and the beach in my life! Glad yall had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love crawfish!!!! I am so happy the season for them is back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that steam mop too and love it!

    Mmm, Chuy's. I've eaten there. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20 POUNDS! wow! I have never had crawfish but they sure look tasty on your plate!
    I love the map of the US up above. Its so true! :) So glad you are loving your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that the superbowl came out the way it did. I can't stand Seattle and their fans.. lol. Looks like a fun weekend though. And the shark? want!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!