Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Snapshots of My Life

As if October wasn't busy enough...
November is even busier!
We have the Marine Corps Ball this Friday.
I'm so excited because I'm going to be wearing a dress in my pre pregnancy size.
Other than that...I've been to so many Marine balls, I'm kind of over it.
Besides that, this ball isn't really ran by Marines.
It's ran by midshipmen (ROTC students in college).
It's going to be a little different than what I'm used to, and I hope that the midshipmen really understand how important this time honored tradition of the Marine Corps Birthday Ball really is. 
I am also running a 5K this Sunday in memorial of Lt. Kelly.
Next weekend, my husband will be in the "field".
I put "field" in quotations because I don't really consider what midshipmen call the "field", the real "field". 
It's more of a camping trip wearing cammies with light packs.
After that, our family will be heading to my fabulous home state of TEXAS to spend Thanksgiving with my family!
This month is going to be so busy for us!

Here are some snapshots from my instagram/iPhone5 from the last week of my life :-)

D wanted to try on daddy's Halloween costume...

The blonde mullet suits her, no?

Some pics of my little guy smiling away in his new Winter hat from Naartjie...

 I've officially been a stay at home mom for almost a year this month.
I couldn't be happier with my new life being a mommy to this little girl...and our son.
People always ask me, "Isn't it so hard going from being a Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps to a stay at home mom?!"
My answer is always, "no, because the most important job I've ever had is being a mom. Being a Marine and defending our freedoms and deploying all the time was important at one time in my life, but now...it's all about my beautiful kids."

And seriously...I couldn't imagine leaving this diva to go on a deployment...I'd be missing out on all this divaliciousness...





My hubby and I went on a 6 mile run this past weekend.
It's my longest run in over a year since being prego and having knee surgery.

Poor Mattis...
His sister is so obsessed with him...
 Unfortunately, the feelings are not mutual at this time...

My daughter is a baby wearing fairy...

She is also my work out partner in her free time.

I had a million things to do when this photo was taken...
But how the heck do I wake up such a precious sleeping baby?!
Needless to say, none of my "To Do List" got done...

Again...
She's obsessed with him.

Hope y'all are having a fabulous week!
I'm loving all the pics of ball photos!

4 comments:

  1. We have our ball on thursday, I am excited for the same reasons as you, I fit into my pre preggo size!! Woo Hoo!! Other than that I agree, once you have been to one ball you have been to them all. haha!

    And that little diva of yours is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pics! I love the pictures of the two kids together. I'm glad she likes her brother. Hopefully that never changes! Haha. Our ball is this Friday too. But we will be celebrating with Marines. It's the only way to do it. Believe me we had to celebrate three years in Japan with civilians, Navy and Air Force. They just don't do it justice! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe I love Mattis face when his sister is hugging him! My boys Love (torture) Wells too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this post! EXACTLY what I was searching for!your post really sums up all that I need! thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!