Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm in in the wonderful and fabulous state of Texas, y'all!
In case you couldn't tell by my Facebook posts and Instagram photos.
I'll be posting soon about my trip, but today is all about Thanksgiving.

I'm so excited because this is the first Thanksgiving in over 6 or 7 (maybe more?) years that I've gotten to spend Thanksgiving with my entire family in Texas!
My family does a traditional Thanksgiving turkey, AND we do Korean BBQ!
It's just one of the cool perks of being from a Korean family who has adopted American traditions since they've lived here for over 35+ years.
I've got many things that I am thankful for.
This last year, God has blessed my family in ways that I could have never imagined.

This month is officially my one year mark since being honorably discharged from the Marine Corps.
A year ago today, I was so scared and yet so excited to be leaving the only life I had known for my entire adult life.
I was worried about how our family would deal with losing an entire income, and how it would affect our finances.
I was worried about moving all the way across country to Massachusetts.
I was worried about the home we owned in California and renting it out.
I was worried about my VA benefits.
I got pregnant unexpectedly right after I got out, and it was just added stress on how we were going to support another child after losing my income.
Basically, I wasn't fully prepared to leave the Marine Corps.
But through some rough times, highs and lows, and lots of tearful prayers, God made it all work out.
It's amazes me how he made everything possible.
We seriously have more with one income than we did with two, and I still can't quite figure out HOW?!

And a few other things I'm thankful for (all possible because of God)…


-The most hardworking, loving, compassionate, and God loving husband in the world. 
I seriously have the BEST marriage I could imagine….I didn't say perfect, but it seriously is the best.


-My two beautiful, and healthy children who make me laugh and smile every single day.

-The men and women of our armed services who sacrifice so much to give Americans the life that we don't deserve.
Especially those who have sacrificed all...
This is a photo that SSgt Vincent Bell's sister, London sent me this morning on my Facebook.
We sent his family a birth announcement of our son with a note that Nick wanted to write to them.
We are so incredibly honored that our son gets to share a name with this amazing Marine who sacrificed all, and not a day goes by that we don't think of him and thank God for the time here on earth that Nick got to know him.

-My family.
My dad is the hardest working man I know who doesn't get nearly as much credit as he deserves.
My mom who diligently has stood by my dad's side through all the good and bad times.
My sister, brother in law, and adorable niece who makes us laugh and smile every time we think of them.


These are the most important things in my life, and I'm not thankful for them JUST on Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for everything I have, everyday.
It's just nice to have a date to acknowledge everything.

I hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving, and gets to spend it with the ones they love.
For my friends who are overseas, I am thankful for your service and sacrifice.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!











4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving from our Marine family to yours! Enjoy all your family on this wonderful holiday! Such a treat to be all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving!

    We're in Texas too visiting my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, i hope you all had an amazing thanksgiving together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, we left them on all the time. You pin them to the car seat, and they’re kind of tough to get on and off so it wouldn’t make sense to take them off and put them on every time.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!