Friday, May 21, 2010

Should I "TRI" it?

For those of you who have known for a while, you know how big I have been into distance running. Distance running to me is not your typical "Marine Corps PFT" of 3 miles. For those of you who went on UDP with me when I was a LCpl to Japan know that I ran an average of 6-12 miles a day there....in the summer...with 90 percent humidity...rain or shine....and 90-100 degree heat. I am obsessed with running. I love how I feel when I'm done, and I love what it does to my body (it makes me look super fit and toned). I slowed down a lot after a groin and hip injury I developed in Japan...and eventually..."Life" took over...met the love of my life...married him...went on recruiting duty...PREGNANCY....this all meant less time for running and less motivation for running. People at the gym thought I was crazy that I was running on a treadmill 2 weeks prior to my due date....I just love everything about running...the rush, the feel...it's just the pavement and me...the world can "screw off". Since Nick left on deployment in January, I started getting back into it. I invested in a top of the line, light weight jogging stroller so that I could train without having to worry about what I was gonna do with Dannika. I put about 50-60 miles a week on that stroller. I can honestly say that I am excited about beach season cause I am comfortable with my body. I am looking for my next "high". 

I decided it is to do a triathlon...not a full IRONMAN (that's for crazy people...haha)...but I plan on starting with a mini tri. I plan on purchasing a bike in the next month and getting into the pool (or ocean) to swim. It's the first time in a while I've been excited about something and the first time in a while that I feel like this is something that can get my mind off Nick being gone and being a "single mom". I'm just worried about this darn hip and groin injury that has already started to bother me again...

Oh well...I'm to stubborn to stop running and training...


The beach today...after my 8 mile run...
Dannika loves watching the waves...
This is her angry look..."you stink mom...and your sweat is dripping all over my stroller..."
And this has nothing to do with running or triathlons, but I have decided...I am officially a "Cougar in training".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!