Sunday, May 16, 2010

Running, Life, and Dannika Jane :-)

I like to run...I take that back...I don't really like to run, but my body loves it. I dread thinking about running, but the funny thing is...once I lace up my Asics and I can feel my heel hit that pavement...life is just simple. I can run 10 miles and not even realize it. I've always been a "runner" though, so I guess it's my form of escaping the world. I enjoy running by the beach in San Clemente, and I try and go everyday after work. I am blessed to live literally 5 minutes away from the Pacific Ocean. Dannika loves the ride and I get my work out, my head cleared, and my stress relieved. I invested in the top of the line Jeep brand jogging stroller for that purpose. On average, I put 50 miles on that stroller...yes...I said fifty...in turn...an old hip injury (from running a lot) has started to bother me a little, but I'm stubborn, and refuse to take a break to let it heal again. Today...I didn't run. I decided on going to a spin class this morning at 24 hour fitness, but I didn't want to be cooped up in the house all day, so I took Dannika to the beach for a nice like 3 mile walk. The weather was cool and cloudy. It was beautiful and peaceful... 


It's hard to believe that Dannika will be turning 1 in July...that is a short two months away! She's just been such a joy in my life...(most of the time...haha). 
I don't know how I would have made it this far in this deployment without her though! She keeps me on my toes...she keeps me alive...
She's my little "deployment buddy". We do everything together...EVERYTHING. I can't wait till Nick comes home so I can go to the bathroom alone...without having this cute little bald baby sitting in there staring at me...awkward, huh?
When Nick left...Dannika was barely learning to sit up on her own...and was babbling "dada"...she now "low crawls everywhere", when she sees a picture of Nick, she babbles at it, smile really big, and says "dada", she LOVES to do pattycake, she throws her arms up in the air and flails them around when Dora the Explorer sings on Nick Jr., she's infatuated with the Wonder Pets and Yo Gabba Gabba, when I show up at Mrs. Kathi's house to pick her up after work, she has this HUGE smile on her face...

she does so much, and it's hard to believe that this time last year...she wasn't even born yet!

I love you Dannika Jane....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!