Sunday, May 23, 2010

11 Weeks = Family

I have never thought for a minute that this deployment has flown by. It hasn't. It's been the longest 4 months of my life...literally. My life changed drastically when Nick went back to being a "cannon cocker" after the drill field. I thought life married to a DI was bad...but it got worse when he went to the fleet...I had forgotten that "real Marines" go to the field...and that "real Marines" deploy. I honestly forgot that word..."deploy". I mean...the last time I deployed was 2007...and Nick and I got married in 2008...while he had been on the drill field for 2 years already,  and I was beginning recruiting duty. It is now 2010...not only am I a "single mom", a Marine, and a wife to a deployed Marine...I am also dealing with life. It's tough. I've lost a lot of drive for...well...a lot...the Marine Corps being one of them. I never ever ever thought I could find something that would be more important to me than the Corps...or my career...until now. My daughter comes before the Corps...and my husband comes before my career. It's the nature of the beast. There are a lot of days when Dannika drives me absolutely insane, but it's funny...when I drop her off at daycare in the morning...my heart sinks...SINKS...to the pit of my stomach...to hell. While I think daycare has been GREAT for her (she's not a total pansy mama's girl...and she can survive without me being around...no offense to SAHM's...but in my opinion...daycare is the reason for my daughter's "socialability". It drives me nuts that I can't see her all day everyday. 

Nick got me a day at the spa package for Mother's Day. I finally got to use it this weekend. Lucky me...a young man that Sgt Ellis recruited last year, has a girlfriend (Lorin) who is great with kids. She came over to keep Dannika company while I went to Burke Williams for my spa treatment. Nick really outdid himself. I had a 75 minute back and lower back massage, foot massage, hot stone treatment, scalp massage, and a eucalyptus detox body wrap. It was HEAVEN. If you're a guy reading this...I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it for your loved one. The 75 minutes that I was in heaven, I got to think a lot about life, and the only thing I could think about was how much God has blessed me and how I have a husband that women should be jealous of (I'll go into detail on my facebook blog). 

 These next 11 weeks can not go by fast enough for me...I keep fantasizing about that moment when I can run up to Nick and hug and kiss him......

Check out the pics from my weekend...



Dannika has Nick's narrow feet so I can never find shoes that stay on her feet...but I found some Nike sandals with adjustable EVERYTHING that fit on her feet. 

Whoa...cleavage...

They stayed on her feet for 25 minutes until she figured out how to undo the velcro...

Chillin on the couch with mommy while the maids clean the house.

She was intrigued by my Sally Hansen "rose amore" nail polish

"Is this color trendy?"
/


She crawls...which means...
She gets into EVERYTHING...



LAST BUT NOT LEAST...


The last time I wore these jeans was when I was 23 years old...
Thanks to my excessive training for 5K's. 10's. and now...triathlons...

I can wear them, again...WOO HOO

I am working on toning now...I am back to the ab routine I used to do back in the day when I was in INSANE shape...My abs will be back to where they were 5 years ago before Nick comes home...but these jeans are SIZE 2~!~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!