Saturday, May 1, 2010

HALFWAY!

We are halfway through this deployment! I'm really happy, but at the same time, in the back of my mind, I'm like..."it's only HALF?!?! it feels like it's been a freaking year!" I am thankful to God though that this deployment hasn't been TOO crazy. I've been spending a lot of quality time with Dannika, and watching her grow has really been a blessing. I am ready for Nick to get back though cause it would really be nice to go to the bathroom alone for once!!!!! If you're confused by that last sentence, don't worry about it. 

At all hands this week, we had training called "Four Lenses". Basically, this lady came and assessed all the recruiter's personalities, and grouped us into categories based on our likes and dislikes. I am a "blue". A blue is basically someone who is in love with love. They are true believers of the "fairy tale ending" when it comes to love. They believe strongly in gender roles within a family. Now...MOST Marines fall into "Orange". If you want to know more about the colors and what they mean, just google "4 Lenses"...find out what YOU are!!! 


This is Dannika doing patty cake for me. The color version of this picture was ugly...so I made it black and white...we are still patiently waiting for her hair to grow...

After her "brunch", I gave her cheerios to eat in her high chair. She grabbed a fistful of them in her hand and started straining REALLY hard...like she had tears in her eyes....turns out she was pooping...it was a good one...this is her pooping face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!