Monday, August 24, 2015

Boots and 1st Grade

My newsfeed is filled with "first day of school" photos of all my wonderful friend's children!
I love it!
I love to see what outfits everyone chose...
I love to see their smiling faces...

I dropped this beauty off at 1st grade today!
She chose her outfit from head to toe....cowboy boots and all.
She truly is a southern girl at heart.

I'm also relieved that her future aspirations has changed from what she wanted to be on the last day of Kindergarten...
I mean...I'd support her in ANYTHING she wants to do (as long as it doesn't involve criminal activity or prostitution....you know you're laughing)....
But, her aspirations of wanting to become a teacher (thanks to her awesome Kindergarten teacher and our awesome neighbor who is also a teacher) is a lot more comforting to me than cheerleader.

Believe it or not, dropping her off at 1st grade was easy breezy.
She was so excited which made it that much easier.
Lord knows before Kindergarten, I was a blubbery mess the night before and the morning of.
Poor Nick was stuck consoling me while my very excited Dannika kept telling me that it was "gonna be ok and that [she] HAD to grow up."

Anyway...
Happy 1st day of school to all my friends who are finally getting rid of dropping their precious babies off at school today!
And of course a shout out to our amazing educators out there who spend their days teaching, nurturing, babysitting, and loving our kiddos for us!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!