Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Mattis Chronicles

No one told me parenting would be easy.
In fact, when I excitedly shared my news of my first pregnancy with people, a few of them (to include my own mother) shook their heads and told us we should have waited a little longer.
Lots of people told us that we should have enjoyed being newlyweds a little longer before we got preggers....but it happened.
Thank the good Lord that Dannika was/is a SUPER easy child.
She is an angel child....
Dannika Jane can do no wrong.....well...maybe just a little....
But I DO understand what an easy going baby, toddler, and (now) child she is.

Then came my son...
People have told me many times to blog about my day to day shenanigans with my son.
The reason why I haven't is because then my blog would have to be titled "Adventures of Mattis".
Seriously...
Every day is a freaking "adventure" (aka parenting challenge) with him.
Don't get me wrong...I love this little joker with all my mama bear heart...
But there are days when I scratch my head, look up at the sky, and ask God, "Why me?"

So here are some of Mattis' most recent escapades that have made parenting...well...difficult...

A few weeks ago...
I was cooking dinner and realized it was awfully quiet in the house (which means the kids are up to something).
I called for Mattis, and I heard splashing coming from the kid's bathroom.
Low and behold...
Mattis was dipping his pacifier in the toilet, putting it in his mouth, dipping it back in the toilet, etc.....like his paci was a dang french fry in ketchup!
I almost died......I threw his paci in the sink, cleaned him up, and gave him a little bowl of goldfish to eat peacefully in the living room while I finished cooking.
When I looked to check on him, he had brown stuff smeared across his face.
I grabbed a baby wipe to wipe it off, and realized it smelled horrible....like poop...
Then I realized he had a dirty diaper.
My first thought was, "how did he get poop on his face?!?"
Then I realized he had poop all over his hands, and was using those poop covered hands to eat goldfish.
Yes...he was digging in his poopy diaper, while simultaneously eating goldfish with his poop fingers and rubbing his face...
BTW...he got pink eye a few days later.....

Then there was that time I was touching up baseboards in our house with white paint.
I was so busy concentrating on painting that I didn't realize...
He had stepped in my paint tray and stolen my stir stick.
I had little white foot prints ALL OVER my house, and a 1 1/2 year old covered in white paint....

We were at the playground this week...
He had spent some time playing on this little railing and walked away.
Of course when he saw another little kid on it, he walked straight up to this kid to "talk to him" about "his property".
The kid was obviously older than him and refused to move.
Mattis proceeded to hit him.
The parents of this kid were sitting on the other side of the playground and witnessed this "hit".
Luckily, they understood Mattis was WAY younger....

This kid seriously keeps us on our toes...



As much as I would NEVER trade him or have it any other way...
Some days....
when he has poop smeared on his face...
I say things like...

"Why can't you be like your sister?!?!"


8 comments:

  1. Sweet Lord! Maybe it's a boy thing? My son is...challenging lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you girl! Great Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Natalie was the same way. Tommy came out fairly easy and then she came and was loud and got hurt all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, he is definitely all boy haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep...life with boys. All of this is a normal day in my house with Ace and Pierce! haha. Not sooo much Ace anymore since he is a little older. And thank goodness Pierce has grown out of the "play with my poop" phase. But life with boys is insane. I see a huge difference between my boys and girls already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! We have an easy kiddo now and I'm scared for the future. Lol. At least he's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! We have an easy kiddo now and I'm scared for the future. Lol. At least he's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Savannah was an easy baby ... and young toddler, so I thought having two close together would be fine. Now -- London is a trouble maker at 3, and his 5 year old sister is sassy and dramatic. So we've got the "best" of both troubles over here!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!