Monday, April 6, 2015

Hockley Oil Ranch

Two weeks ago, Dannika went on her very first Kindergarten field trip!
 Two reasons why this field trip was so awesome:

1) They went to the Hockley Oil Ranch in Hockley, TX.
 This was a field trip my little sister and I went on when WE were in elementary school!
I couldn't believe they still did this exact same field trip!
I was SUPER excited for Dannika to go!

2) Nick only had one class that day, so he requested to be excused from his professor to chaperone!
Can you imagine being a college professor teaching under grad being asked by a student if they could be excused to chaperone a field trip?! 
I'm sure he got a kick out of it, and he graciously allowed Nick to chaperone

 I know that with our life as a military family, Nick wouldn't have many opportunities to chaperone a field trip, so this was super important to me.
Also, Dannika got a whole day with her daddy without her bothersome little brother....
And me :(

I was so excited to pack their brown bag lunches!
I decided to spruce it up :)

All ready!

Nick kept me updated throughout the day with pics of the field trip.







She had such a blast, and I am so grateful that Nick had the opportunity to enjoy the day with her!
We know these days are few and far between, and we have definitely embraced this duty station and assignment to the fullest!

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm glad Nick was allowed to get out of class to go to this - I bet Dannika just loved having him there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun and I am glad they got a selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing!!! Chris would do anything to be able to take Ace or any of the kids on one of their field trips. Maybe with the baby since he will retire and she will still be pretty young!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!