Saturday, June 1, 2013

Tomato Avocado Salad

We've been experiencing a bit of a heat wave the past few days in New England!
When temperatures hit above 85, I find myself always craving a cool salad.
Especially with my hubby being gone, I think I could live on just salad.
The last few days, I have eaten this delicious tomato and avocado salad every night for dinner!
It's very "summery", healthy, and SO FREAKING DELICIOUS!
I can't wait to make it for my husband and serve it as a side with dinner!
I figured I'd share my recipe with all of you!
I used to have a food blog, but I stopped blogging in it because it wasn't something I wanted to commit to.
I think I'll just start posting recipes every once in a while on this blog when I feel it's worth sharing!


I am OBSESSED with this olive oil that I bought at Whole Foods!
It is SO delicious!
It's a little bit pricey, but in my opinion well worth the splurge!


Ingredients (serves just 1...me!)
1 avocado
1 vine ripened tomato
1/2 of a lemon
1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground sea salt
fresh ground black pepper

*1/4 cup frozen shelled edamame (optional)

Directions
1. SEED YOUR TOMATOES! (I hate when people don't seed tomatoes in a salad because it makes the entire salad really watery).
2. Dice your tomato and avocado into chunks.
3. If you want to add edamame to your salad, I like to just add a handful of frozen shelled edamame to my bowl first. I let them thaw out in the salad.
4. Add your tomatoes and avocado chunks into the bowl with the edamame.
5. Drizzle your balsamic vinegar and olive oil over your salad.
6. Squeeze the lemon on top
7. Season to taste with fresh ground sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
8. Toss and refrigerate for an hour!
9. ENJOY!



4 comments:

  1. Oh this looks great!! I love salads :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit of a heat wave? Damn - it's bee outrageously hot!!

    This salad sounds awesome, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm a Texas girl! This was hardly a heat wave!

      Delete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!