Friday, May 31, 2013

Five Beautiful Years...

This post is for my hubby, but feel free to read it :-)
I want to shout it on the rooftops! 
If you want to catch up...
Here's our 4 year anniversary...   
3 year anniversary...
2 year anniversary...
and I don't have a post for our first year because I was still new to blogging then :-) 

I love blogging because of the fact that I can look back at things that I wrote in the past and see how much I've changed!
To the most perfect man in the world for me...

There are days I have to pinch myself to remind myself that I really am married to the man of my dreams. Looking through some of these old photos makes me feel like five years was forever ago, when in reality, it's just a minute fraction of forever. When you pack so many experiences and memories into such a short period of time, it feels like an eternity. In the five short years that we've been married, I feel like we've experienced and have gone through more than some couples go through in a lifetime of blissful marriage. Many couples struggle in a marriage with one person in the military, and we have done it with both of us serving in the "not so easiest" branch of service. I'm not going to lie and say that being married to you has been the easiest life, but I can say honestly that loving you has never been difficult. The days are long, the nights are sometimes lonely, and there are times when I wonder why this life of constant separation and sacrifice was bestowed upon me instead of someone else. I've come to the conclusion that it's because God knew that I could handle it, even when there are times when I feel like I am falling to pieces. Your constant patience, support, and love for me keep me going on the toughest days. I know that being married to me can't be the easiest job either, but I thank God everyday that you have enough love and generosity in your heart to keep me close when it seems that I am trying to do it all on my own. In 1 Corinthians 13:4, it starts with "Love is patient". I think our love has been nothing but constant patience from day one, and we are proof that patience can endure all. I think Dr. Seuss said it best:

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."

I know we'll have our trials and tribulations in the next five years of our marriage, as we have in the first five. But I am confident in the strength of our love and our bond that we will endure whatever obstacles are thrown in our path. Thank you for giving me a beautiful daughter, a son on the way, this beautiful life, and the best five years of my life.

Thank you for a wonderful five years of marriage. Through all the ups and downs, there isn't a moment I regret, and a moment that I wouldn't relive again if it means another five years with you. I can't wait to see what our next five years will be like with another precious gift from God added to our family. I love you so much, and there isn't anything I wouldn't do to make you happy.

Happy Five Year Anniversary, Nicholas!
(Kill!)









4 comments:

  1. Awwww, how sweet. Happy Anniversary! It's amazing when you find the person made for you. Here's to many, many more happy years together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post! I hope that you have many, many more anniversaries together!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!