Friday, June 28, 2013

Just Something to Think About

I thought long and hard about posting this.
I TRY and keep my blog away from politics and controversial issues.
My blog is really more to chronicle my day to day life as a wife of a Marine, a mother, and a former active duty Marine.
But this is something I'm passionate about, and something that I feel that God is pulling at my heart to go into ministry...



I could say so much about this from personal experiences, but I'll just share this one....

A year ago, I got to know the adopted sister of man from my church who was expecting a child.
I'll tell you her story in a few sentences...
She was the product of a brutal rape.
Her biological mother was raped at the age of 14 by a 30 year old "family friend".
At 14 years old, her biological mother and her biological grandmother made the decision to continue the pregnancy.
Because of the painful memories attached to the pregnancy, they decided together to put the baby up for adoption.
She was adopted by a loving and warm family who embraced her as their own.
Today, this woman is a beautiful, Jesus loving wife and mother of 2 beautiful children.
She leads an amazing life devoted to serving others.

Can you imagine how grateful she is that her biological mother decided to bring her into this world to do wonderful things, and raise a beautiful family?
Can you imagine how grateful she is that her biological mother had that much compassion in her heart, regardless of the horrifying circumstances, at the age of 14 to give her a chance at a life on earth?

This is just something I wanted to share.

Not meant to start a political debate.
Not meant for hateful comments.

You can disagree with me if you want...
Just let us agree to disagree...


2 comments:

  1. I'm right with you on this one! My dad was adopted before abortion was legalized. His biological mother got pregnant twice, and was sent out of state both times so no one in the community would learn of her pregnancies. Both babies were put up for adoption through Catholic adoption agencies. I have always wondered what would have happened if abortion would have been legal back then. My dad, myself, my brother, and my kids might all not be here today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO outta the loop. I have to go google this chick right now because I've never even heard of her.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!