Thursday, February 24, 2011

Murphy's Law

You know Murphy's Law?
It always happens to me when Nick is gone. 
For instance:

Last year, within a month of him deploying, I backed my brand new Mercedes into a Scion in the parking lot of my work.

Same time...Nick's beloved Chevy that he NEVER had problems with decided to take a shit. Throughout the rest of the deployment, his truck gave me so many problems.

EVERYTIME Nick leaves...whether it be for 7 months, a week, or a month...
Dannika becomes the child from hell.

credit card fraud

friends "borrowing" large amounts of money for totally different reasons than what they tell you.

family drama...

***************

That crap ALWAYS happens when they leave!

Well, Nick left on Tuesday for Bridgeport, and the week seemed to be going pretty smoothly. 

until today...

I walked in our guest bathroom and realized that our bathtub's faucet was totally missing. 
I had totally forgotten that it broke, and Nick didn't fix it before he left.
It's not a big deal since I don't use that bathroom, but it IS a big deal because my mom is coming out here in a week, and she'll be the one using that bathroom!

That's not all...

I noticed this morning that the water in the toilet of my guest bathroom was super low...but I didn't think anything of it.
I was showering today after my workout and realized that my shower drain was backing up as well.
I took Nick's advice and poured baking soda and vinegar down the drain.
It seemed to help until I realized the toilet in the guest bathroom was bubbling and the drain in my shower was NOT draining properly.
I tried plunging the toilet and it did nothing so....
I flushed the toilet in the guest bathroom...annnnnd....
it flooded my bathroom....

FML, right???!!!

AND, I had a clogged drain in my shower...the ONLY shower that works in our house since the guest shower has no faucet (thanks to my husband...whom I love with all my heart no matter what).
I called a plumber...
250 bucks later...
he unclogged my mainline. 

You know what's embarrassing??!!
I had to hear from a somewhat goodlooking plumber that it was "female products" that clogged everything.
OMG
it wouldn't have been embarrassing cause I probably wouldn't have even seen what the plumber looked like...Nick deals with all that crap...BUT I had to do all the talking...and he really was a pretty good looking guy (NOT as hot as my husband)...so I was like oh great. I wanted to tell him...oh I don't use tampons...but I'm sure he's heard that excuse...so embarrassing.

If it were some big heinous ugly guy telling me about the "female products" clogging my drain, I really wouldn't have cared.
ahhhhh.

Don't you just love my life?

I hope y'all got a great laugh out of this cause I'm laughing now.

And I won't leave ya hangin'...here's a pic of Dannika and Nick...
One of my favorite of them. He just looks so happy to be a father and Dannika's expression is PRICELESS.
She was only 3 months old in this picture!
Photo credit goes to:
(now located in South Carolina)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!