Wednesday, February 23, 2011

GiGi [{aKa}] Grandma and Date Night

Just about every night, Dannika has a "Skype date" with her Gigi (my mom).
She LOVES seeing her on the computer.
I wish we lived in Texas so that we could see her more often in person, but until now...
Skype it is!



Today, my friend Julie Palka posted a blog on her facebook page.
It was about a mother who's 4 month old daughter passed away suddenly without notice a few days ago.
You can read about here.
It totally broke my heart and I felt so helpless just reading it.
I don't even know her!
It made me realize just how precious life is and how in an instant in can be gone.
I get frustrated a lot with Dannika...
She's at an age where she wants to be independent but not old enough to be as independent as she thinks she is.
I get agitated and irritated with her sometimes.
After reading what this mother is going through right now...
I know my life isn't as bad as it seems sometimes...
And no matter what kind of day I have with Dannika...
I can always be worse...
My heart goes out to this family as they mourn and pick up the pieces to their lives....

I couldn't even imagine having to bury my child.
I really think I would just want to die if anything happened to Dannika.

After reading the blog, I felt compelled to do something special with Dannika.
She was in daycare today cause I had a lot to do at home...
I picked her up as soon as I was done with everything, and we did a "mommy and me" dinner date at my favorite restaurant..."Sundried Tomato".
She was the BEST date ever...
She is just such a lady...so poised...so elegant...
man, I love her so much :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!