Sunday, January 17, 2010

Since You've Been Gone...

This was our first weekend alone without Nick since he left. Last we talked to him, he was leaving Russia to head into Afghanistan. Being a "single parent" has been a bit overwhelming at times, but when I look at my daughter and see her smiling at me, it makes everything go away. I miss Nick so much. I wish he were here. Before he left, she was holding her bottle on her own, but usually not until the end of the feeding when the bottle was light enough for her to want to support it. Since he's been gone, she drinks the entire bottle all by herself! I can't believe she learned to do that in the 5 days that Nick has been gone. It makes me sad cause by the time he gets back...she's gonna be a toddler! Another thing she didn't do when he left was sit up on her own for longer than a few seconds. Today, she was sitting up and actually playing with her toys on her own. My little girl is getting so big!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!