Saturday, March 21, 2009

Week 23

This week wasn't so bad at work. I had a ton of time off...maybe more than I would really like. My boss pretty much told us to do what we had to do this week cause next week, we would be "balls to the walls" recruiting. I have a couple contracts lined up for next months so I am not sweating it entirely. Of course, I've learned from the past that 4 contracts can easily turn into 2...or even worse...no contracts at all...leaving the poor recruiter on a "donut". Then of course the heat gets turned on by the bossman on that recruiter sitting on a "donut", and life pretty much sucks for that recruiter until he writes a contract. So it's the vicious rollercoaster that we like to call recruiting. The conflict I had at work with a coworker kinda resolved itself. I mean no one really apologized cause Marines are entirely too stubborn to do something like that, but I think we both came to the realization that we can either hate each other or learn to like each other. The second choice was way more appealing since we are both going to be stuck together for the next 3 years. Nonetheless, the first 4 days of work, I hardly said a word to anyone cause I was still pretty angry, and the last day, we kinda forced ourselves to converse at a team breakfast. Nick got a 99 on final drill and his platoon got like an 89 or something. His platoon got 3rd place overall. I was so proud of him. I knew it meant a lot to him, and I was lucky to be able to get off work that day to go down to San Diego to watch him. He got to come home every single night this week. That was a definitely a first for me this cycle. It was nice to have someone to watch American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, and Grey's Anatomy with...oh and we have a new favorite show called "Lie to Me". It is sooo good! I recommend everyone to check it out. Nick also got work yesterday from his 1stSgt that he would be going on a meritorious GySgt board on Monday. I'm really glad that his hard work is starting to pay off and someone else has noticed it. I really hope he gets the promotion. It will be nice with the baby on the way and everything. Speaking of promotions, my CO spoke to me yesterday and told me that I should be up for the next SSgt meritorious board in December. I guess he thought I had pretty good stats as a recruiter. It definitely made my day a little. I have my next baby appointment on Monday and my 3D/4D Ultrasound next Saturday. I'm really excited for next week! Nick also has 13 more days till he graduates his LAST PLATOON...WOO HOO!!! Aaaaaannnnddd...my 25th birthday is in 4 days. Hopefully Nick got me that Coach diaper bag I asked him for along with the new big fat Chi straightening iron!!! I can't wait for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!