Friday, March 13, 2009

The First One



Welcome to the Romer Family's blog! I'm really excited to start writing in this and let you know about what is going on in our lives. I'm hoping one day when I'm an old lady, I can read it to my daughter, Dannika Jane. As of tomorrow (Saturday, March 14th), I will be exactly 23 weeks into my pregnancy. My belly is definitely growing, and I am starting to bond more with my daughter. I can hardly wait to meet her! Last night was the first night I saw her kick in my tummy. It was totally weird, but it made me smile. I also notice that she likes to move around a lot after I eat something delicious. I've been going to the gym almost every single day to run and do cardio. It helps me feel a lot better about myself and my changing body, and I read in a bunch of my pregnancy books that it is good for you. I am completely excited to start decorating her nursery and start preparing for her arrival. As for work, I was offered a position to work at operations cause I'm pregnant, but I turned it down. Not that recruiting is the most fun job I've ever had, but I can't really stand the thought of not being able to change lives and put young people into the Marine Corps. This is also a really good opportunity for me to get a meritorious promotion to stay on recruiting. So far, I'm doing alright, so I just gotta keep pushing and finding those qualified kids that want to become a Marine! Nick has been super busy with work, but I can't complain about how much time off he has had compared to his last two cycles. He hasn't missed a doctor's appointment yet, and I am very thankful for that! This will be his last cycle as a drill instructor, and the last 5 months he has left on the drill field are still up in the air as far as what he will be doing. Hopefully they give him a break! He's been working non stop, 7 days a week for 3 years now! He just reenlisted for another 5 years in the Marine Corps, so that was pretty exciting. The $45,000 bonus he got isn't so bad either. We are officially DEBT FREE!!!!! WOO HOO! It's such a load off of our shoulders. I was really stressing about that since we have a baby on the way. We are also in the market to buy a house so that has been consuming a lot of our time. Other than that, life has been pretty mellow for both of us. When we aren't at work, we are at home watching American Idol or Top Chef (we're exciting people!). Things are going well for the both of us, and I am so blessed to have the life that I have. I really couldn't ask for anything more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!