Sunday, March 22, 2009

The big 2-5 Birthday Bash

So my 25th birthday is on the 25th of this month. Unfortunately, Nick's platoon is doing their last day of their crucible on my birthday which means that I won't get to see him. He's been working really hard lately which means less time with me. I was really upset on Saturday morning when I called him and found out he was still at work when I was expecting him home. We got off the phone with me being in a bad mood. I had made plans to have breakfast (which turned out to be lunch) with Eddie that morning so I headed dow to Dana Point to the Jolly Roger right next to the harbor to have some brunch. It was good to see him since I hadn't seen him really since he got back from his deployment back in November. We sat and chatted for a couple hours, and I was getting fidgety from sitting there for so long so I cut the conversation we parted ways. I went to Michael's to buy more stuff for the Dannika's nursery and talked to Nick really briefly on the phone. I was happy he had finally left work and was on his way back from San Diego. I bought a few things and headed home expecting to see Nick there. I came in the house, and to my complete surprise, Eddie, Sarah (Eddie's girlfriend), and Nick jumped out and yelled surprise for me. The entire apartment was decorated. I guess Eddie was the plan to get me out of the house while Sarah came in and decorated the entire house. It was a total surprise and I was shocked at all the planning that Nick did behind my back. I got a few things from Nick...including a Coach diaper bag and a camcorder that I had been thinking about getting so that I could record our baby's first...everything! SSgt DeLaRosa stopped by along with SSgt Praxedes (two recruiters that I work with), and we ended up bbq'ing and just hanging out. It was just so much fun to be able to hang out with my friends and Nick. I hadn't seen Sarah in so long so it was good to see her cheery happy self. No one has ever thrown me a surprise party before, and it totally made my day. I love my husband so much!

I'll post pics as soon as Sarah gets them to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!