Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby Furniture

This weekend has been pretty awesome. Despite a conflict I had at work, it turned out to be a pretty decent weekend. Saturday morning I went to my pool function and watched Sgt Barry teach our kids MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts). I really miss participating in our weekly Saturday PT sessions with my poolees. Nick has had a super busy week due to his final drill competition on Monday so I haven't seen him that much. Since this is possibly his last cycle on the drill field, I know it means a lot to him. He got home late Friday afternoon, and we went to Babies R' Us to pick up our crib and diaper changing station combo unit. Afterwards we went to Red Robin to eat dinner...it was SO good! I hadn't eaten there in so long. After we got home, Nick put the crib together and decided the diaper changing unit looked like a headache to put together so we put that off. I finally got to put my baby stuff in the crib and it is so cute! As much as I love the color pink, I decided against it for the baby's room. It just seemed way too cliche, and I wanted something a little more elegant. I went with this deep maroon bedding set with gold tassels. I'm going to do a classic teddy bear theme. I bought some stuff to hang on the walls from Pier 1 Imports. It's gonna look adorable. I'll put pictures up once the nursery is completely finished. It is still a work in progress. So SATURDAY NIGHT, Nick decided to put the combo unit together...HOLY CRAP. That thing was a nightmare. It took him like 3 1/2 hours to put it together. Bless his heart. I sat in the room with him for moral support while I painted these wooden letters we bought at Michael's that spell "Dannika". Either way, I was happy cause I was spending time with him. With both of our crazy work schedules, I cherish any minute I get to spend with him. Thank God for Nick, cause without him, I wouldn't have any baby furniture put together. All in all, I had a good weekend because I got to spend my evenings with my husband. I'm truly blessed. He felt the baby kick his face this morning when he had his head up to my tummy. It made me laugh. Life is such a blessing and I can't wait for our future together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!