Friday, December 9, 2016

Finals (sad face)

Sorry for my absentee status on this blog.
It's the most wonderful horrible time...of the year... 🎤🎤

Finals.

I've been studying so much my brain literally hurts.
No, not like a headache hurt...my actual brain matter hurts.



This is pretty much me during this time of year.
She's even Asian like me 😂

I see all you people doing fun "Christmasey" crafts with your kids.
I see all your "tis the season to be jolly" photos of your visit to Santa's Wonderland all over your timeline.
Then here's my family.




 My kids have watched more TV in the last 2 weeks than they have all year.
Mama (and dad) need to study, so the kids get a free for all in our house...seriously.  
But it's fine. They're fine. They're alive, aren't they?
 My last final is next Wednesday, and my kids are patiently waiting for Wednesday, because I think I have promised them everything short of a Hatchimal for some peace and quiet during my study sessions.

Since blogging hasn't been a priority, here's an assortment of random photos of my life happenings since Thanksgiving.

I always get my kids matching Christmas PJ's.
Our tradition (once I'm done with finals) is to get in our Christmas PJ's, get hot chocolate from the Starbucks drive thru, and drive around town looking at Christmas lights.

Rachel (our nanny) and I took Dannika to see the Nutcracker for the first time!
We even caught the Sugar Plum fairy in the lobby and got a photo with her! 
The sugar plum fairy is a soloist from the New York City ballet (Ashley Laracey).

LOVE this photo of Rachel and Dannika!

Studying for finals while cooking dinner...
hence the dirty dishes

This past Thursday was my last Mama Club as an intern!
Words can't describe how much this semester has changed my life.
 I got to share my testimony with a few teenage girls and hopefully showed them that God can make anything possible.
If God can take my broken, hurt, and dark past to turn it into what I am today, he can do the same for them.
I am so excited to be a mentor mom next semester and Nick is going to be a real men leader for the teen dads!

 And just cause everyone loves photos of adorable kids...especially one wearing a bowtie 😉

Until Wednesday, I'll be a little absent on here, but y'all can follow me on Instagram for all my shenanigans (@domesticatedcombatboots)!




1 comment:

  1. Ugh finals are so stressful! Hope they are going well!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!