Thursday, December 15, 2016

That Time I Finally Had Time

And God said, "Let there be LIGHT!" 
Genesis 1:3


And the Lord provideth light to my life this Wednesday when I took my very last final of fall semester....

This was me Tuesday....
Studying my little heart out at my favorite spot, Tea 2 Go.

 And here's my beautiful mug at 7AM Wednesday heading to my last final!
I was so excited to get it done and over with!

I passed all my classes (3 A's and a B...thanks Dr. Burk for that B).
I was actually extremely happy about my B.
I took a military war & society class this semester, and it was tough!
It was a straight hour and half of pure lecture, no powerpoint, 5 textbooks (TONS OF READING), and absolutely no sort of review or bullets for the exams.
I went into this class so clueless and with the mindset that I was doomed for failure.
I just wanted to get out of the class alive and with a passing grade, so finding out I made a B was celebratory!

 chilled pinot to celebrate the end of a semester!
 

Now I have so much time on my hands that I don't know what to do with myself.
In fact, the last two days, I have shopped my little heart out.
I did tell Nick not to get me anything for Christmas...
I backed into his truck a few weeks ago, and I said that the repair to the damage done to my car was what I wanted for Christmas.
So I am justifying my shopping by buying all kinds of useless crap for everyone.
I'm like Oprah...

"AND YOU GET A GIFT, AND YOU GET A GIFT, EVERYONE GETS A GIFT!"


 I hope this amazing degree from Texas A&M lands me an 8 figure job.....
Leadership major....wishful thinking?
6 figure job?
FINE...I'll settle for whoever will let me come make their coffee, as long as they're nice to me.

So what have I been up to since my last final on Wednesday?
Here...I'll show you.
(they're also on my Instagram @domesticatedcombatboots)

I redid my centerpiece for our dining table....

I cooked a ridiculously easy meal for dinner, but decided to make it look fancy with "Sriracha art".
I'm practically a Michelin Star rated Chef at this point. 

I baked gingerbread men Sugar cookies with these two cuties...

We had a small gathering at our house on Sunday for some of our college kids and our nanny Rachel.
Our other nanny, Nicolette couldn't come, so her and her boyfriend came on Monday for dinner and gifts.
Her boyfriend likes whiskey, so we hooked him with a bottle (that I made festive by tying a candy cane on it with some burlap string), and we got her a giftcard and an ornament with her sorority letters painted on it.

The kids love them

I have taken D to school, and not felt rushed....
Car rider line pic.
Grumpy Mattis 😠

Nicolette got Mattis a gumball machine for Christmas.
He's been asking for one ALL semester.
Here he is sitting with his gumball machine and watching TV.....
Who's child is this?!

We have an annual family Christmas tradition where we get in our jammies, get Starbucks, and drive around town looking at Christmas lights.
I promised the kids after finals, we'd do all sorts of fun Christmas things.
So Wednesday night, we did lights!


A house in our neighborhood sets their lights to music, and it is our favorite lights spectacular!
This year, they did a special tribute to fallen service members.
I thought it was pretty special.

 The kids after our Christmas light sightseeing trip around town!
Mattis can be such a diva sometimes.... 😂

Apparently, the lights and his Starbucks "Al Pacino" (what he calls a frappucino) wore him out.

D went to a Christmas party at her friend's house this week and SANTA came!
Funny story...
Dannika asked Santa for an Elf on the Shelf (which I REFUSE to do), a Hatchimal (only possible if I sell my soul, win the lottery, or sell Mattis), and a dog (hell to the no the no, no, no).
Santa is going to have to disappoint little Dannika this year.
Because "Santa" is not getting her any of those three things.

Anyway,

I hope y'all are having an amazing holiday season!
If you're stressing out about family (like me), plans, and/or gifts...take a deep breath!
Make Christmas about the people you love.
It's only once a year, and after the gifts have been opened and family is gone, you're still the awesome person you were before the holidays.
We are children of the Risen King who was born on Christmas Day!
There is no better gift than Him!










2 comments:

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!