Thursday, December 29, 2016

Just Another Christmas Blog

Is it just me, or does it seem weird that Christmas is already over?! I spent so much time preparing and shopping, and it is over in a day. Part of me is relieved it is over, and the other part of me is a little sad. Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love all the fun traditions and the magic that it brings to our family. I am a lover of gift giving (more so than receiving), and I love giving gifts to people I love. On the other hand, Christmas drains my bank account like no other, the decorations have to eventually come down, and my kids have no concept of time or a schedule. All good things have their downfalls, and all good things must come to an end!
Our family had an amazing Christmas with my family in Houston. It was filled with lots of laughs, fun times, and family.

Here is our recap!

In keeping with our family tradition, Santa always gets almond milk in a 1st Marine division glass with some homemade cookies!

Headed to Gigi and Papa's house!

We made it! 
I love Mattis' pose in this photo!


Houston has such amazing restaurants, it's hard to choose which one to go to when we are in town.
I asked my mom to take us to the dumpling house.
It never disappoints!

Selfie with my sweet niece Lulu.

Nick, my brother in law, my little sister, and me took all the kids to the trampoline park in Christmas eve to jump
It was SO fun!
So much fun that we ended up going on Christmas day too!

One of my favorite things about going to mom's house is her Korean cooking!
Samgyeopsal (grilled pork belly), daejibulgogi (spicy pork bulgogi), kimchi, and all the sides!
YUM!

After dinner, Nick's friend Tom came to visit to hang out, drink beer, and chit chat.

Nick and Tom served in the Marine Corps together many moons ago in Iraq.

All my parents lovely grandkids in one shot.
This is the best we could get...lol

My whole fam!


He's the only grandson, so he gets special treatment...lol

When your super Asian family still does not get the difference between all the different branches of service, and they buy your son an Army toy #armystrong?

The beautiful women of my family

The entire clan

Funny story...
After Christmas dinner, some of my uncles, aunts, and cousins wanted to go to a Korean karaoke bar.
Does it get any more Asian than that? 
If you've never been to a Korean karaoke bar, it is truly an experience.
My Uncle got us a private room for our family.
I think Nick was shocked by it all at first, but he started to warm up and have fun.
He sang some Metallica, MC Hammer, Journey...you know...all the Karaoke classics.

The cousins!

And one last selfie of my niece and me!

Christmas was so fun!
Getting to spend time with my nieces, eat good food, laugh with family, and just hang out with people we only get to see once or twice a year was amazing.
I couldn't have asked for a better way to end to year.
On to New Years!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that Christmas is already over too, it went by so fast!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!