Sunday, September 21, 2014

8 Days and a Wake Up

That's how much longer we have here in New England!!

I feel like I've been the worst blogger ever lately.
I went from posting almost daily to posting every few days.
Truth is, I have a LOT to talk about and blog about, but the excitement of our upcoming move to Texas has totally taken over me.
Today is our last Sunday at our wonderful church.
We'll have movers at our house all day next Sunday, so we won't get to go to church.
It's a little bittersweet.
I've mentioned before on my blog about how awesome our church is, and it's one of the very few things our family will truly miss about New England.
However, our last Sunday with our church family here in Massachusetts also means we're one day closer to getting back to "the promised land"....TEXAS!
I know y'all know we are excited, but I don't think I could ever quite put into words just how excited we actually are. 
We are almost closed on a GORGEOUS home, and I am so excited to redecorate and make it our home.


Can I also just shamelessly add that I am ridiculously excited to be missing the horrific winter that New England is anticipating this year?!
I've already made sure to tell my friends here that I will send them lots of pictures of our "snowless driveway" in Texas.

Looking at the home that we live in now, I realize all the color schemes and decor I choose to put up is conducive to how I felt when I first moved here.
The colors I picked out to paint our walls are dark.
When I moved here, it was so cold already, I wanted colors that would make me "feel warm", but now that I think about it, it was all about my mood....dark and depressed.
I'm sort of "not in love" anymore with this home that we are renting here in Massachusetts.
I picture our new home in Texas to be light, airy, and just full of life....exactly how my mood is as we prepare to leave New England.
As I mentioned before, this last year is when Nick and I finally "chose" to be happy and take advantage of the time that we have living here, and we've been a better couple and happier ever since.

This weekend, we spent time with our neighbors and had a garage sale to get rid of unnecessary "stuff" that I was hanging on to for no reason at all.
When it comes time to move, I always find myself wanting to throw away, get rid of, or donate EVERYTHING.

Friday night, we went over to our neighbor's house to have homemade pizza, wine, and s'mores night.
It's become a bit of a tradition every Friday, and it's something we look forward to every week.



Saturday, we had a garage sale, and managed to get rid of a lot of big items!
We got one last use out of Dannika's "ice cream stand" from her birthday party, and used it as a lemonade stand.

We grilled some ribs, and sat outside in the gorgeous weather to eat.

Like father, like son...

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and I'm looking forward to taking some down time and catching up on y'alls blogs!

6 comments:

  1. Ahh so many exciting things happening for you guys!! Can't wait to read all about your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that moving means another opportunity to re-decorate!

    Sunflowers & Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I can't imagine living anywhere BUT here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home is where the heart is...so they say, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the movers! And I'm so jealous that y'all are going back to Texas. I'm not ready to freeze my butt off here in PA! I'm hoping that the weather forecasters are totally off on the winter forecast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh so close! Purging what we have is one of my favorite parts about moving -- you find stuff you forgot about that you can repurpose or get rid of!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!