Monday, December 3, 2012

Thoughts on a New Life

I've been dreaming about being a stay at home mom for YEARS now.
I can still remember the day I dropped off my SIX week old at daycare.
I remember bawling my eyes all the way to work, and bawling my eyes out some more AT work in front of all my coworkers....
It doesn't help when all your coworkers are macho Marines either, and you're the only female Marine.

Everyone has told me that being a stay at home mom is just as hard as being a working mom.

I agree.

It IS hard.

It's frustrating.
It's stressful.
It's everything I felt as a working mom.

BUT...

The frustration and stress that I feel as a SAHM is worth it at the end of every day.
When I worked...the frustration and stress I felt from work just drained me emotionally every day.
Top that with the guilt of not having "enough" time to parent your child every day.
The guilt of someone else "mothering" your child 10 to 12 hours a day.

You see, when I was working, I LOVED when I got to get off work and go pick up my angel and spend as much time as I could with her in the few hours I got in the evenings.
I had to cram in dinner, dishes, laundry, household chores in the same 2 to 3 hours that I had with my kid before she went to bed.
I hated mornings when I forced her to wake up at 5am so that I could get her ready and fed for daycare at 630 so that I could make it to work by 7.

So with that..

I hope I can give some hope and insight to my friends out there who have been a SAHM from the time their children were born.
Every frustrating day.
Every stressful day.
Every day when your child is being a brat.
Every day when you just want to quit
Every day when you are wondering if you should have started working.
Every day when you want to drop your kids off at day care.

It really is rewarding at the end of every day...

Let me just add...

I am REALLY enjoying sleeping in until 7am everday....

It sure as heck beats waking up at 4am everday.

Farewell Marine Corps.
It's been real, but I don't miss you.

 

2 comments:

  1. Great post! My mom was a SAHM, and it has shaped our relationship to this day. I would love to have the ability to do the same for my own kids someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a stay at home mommy that has rough days and who also needs some extra TLC once in awhile, I would never EVER give that up, by choice, to send my children off to be raised by someone else!!
    It's the best, overlooked, unrespected "job" in the world!
    So glad you get to experience it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!