Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"I Love Unpacking..."

Said no one ever...(except a certain military wife who told me she actually enjoys it...weirdo!)
Our house is slowly starting to feel more "homey".
The process has taken a lot longer than I had anticipated due to the amount of painting that we needed to do.
It doesn't help that I am deathly ill...I'm seriously not exaggerating this either!
I feel like a 7-ton is sitting on my face (I know you appreciate the military jargon), and I am getting the most killer ab work out from all this coughing I've been doing (my abs seriously hurt when I laugh).
I think the stress of painting our old house in California, moving, going to Texas, coming to Boston, climate changes, and everything in between finally caught up to me.
My body is screaming at me to just rest.
It's been so weird sending Nick off to work every morning, and I'm staying home.
I'm not used to it.
I've been a working career mom for the last 3 1/2 years, and for the last 10 years, I have not had a chance to even slow down and take a break!
I honestly don't know what to do with all this time I have during the day.
I had all these aspirations and visions of doing fun crafty things all day with Dannika and spending copious amounts of time with her, but it's been far from that.
With being sick and having so much to do around the house, my poor toddler has been stuck in front of the TV most of the day....go ahead....judge me! 
I feel bad for her, but I barely have the strength or energy to make sure she is fed!
*No worries though. Before you decide to call CPS on me, my daughter has been fed healthy and nutritious meals* :-D
I can say that I have thoroughly enjoyed having dinner on the stove every night before my hubs gets home.
Even in the unhealthy state that I am in right now, I honestly just love seeing my husband's hungry face when he gets home from a long day at work.
It's probably not a big deal to most people, but to me, it is a huge sense of duty as a wife to feed my man a real home cooked meal every night.
Call me old-fashioned.
I call myself a loving wife who has an awesome husband that works hard so that I don't HAVE to work.

Other than that, New England life is something I am still adjusting to, and I am sure it will not happen overnight.
I'm lonely most days because I don't know anyone, and since I'm not totally familiar with the area yet, I don't feel comfortable venturing out yet.
I'm sure things will change once I start feeling better.
My skin and my body are going through weather shock, and it has actually snowed already.
Our family is struggling to find a church to call home, and it's just another added stress.
I was hoping that we would get plugged in right away so that I could start making friends, but it hasn't happened.
Please pray for us that we find a church soon!

This is the rock sitting outside of Nick's office.

Dozer's first day home. D was so excited.

Our neighborhood! God has truly blessed us an amazing home in an area that we would normally never be able to afford!!

Gettin' ready to go outside and play!

Christmas lights


I have managed to do a few fun crafty things with Dannika....like this felt Christmas tree!

Snow!

Painting.

Playing with the falling snow flurries!


My hubby is the best. 

the view from my back porch this morning. 

2 comments:

  1. It definitely takes time. When we first moved here I was pretty lonely at first, not knowing anyone and being in a brand new area. Just put yourself out there. Hope you feel better soon! And enjoy being a stay at home mom :) Pinterest may be your new best friend hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not weird... lol ;)
    I do hope you feel better very soon and I'm praying for your church situation!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!