Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I'm Dreaming...

of a whiiiiiite Christmas!

Actually, we didn't have to dream because we actually got one!
It was just enough snow for us to go play in for a little bit, throw snowballs, and have fun!
For the three of us, it was the first white Christmas ever, so we were pretty excited (and acting real brand new). :-)
Just watching the joy in D's eyes when she got outside in her snow boots and snowsuit was enough to make this Christmas special.

Making a snowball



Daddy's giant snowball





This is the first Christmas that I really felt like D "got it". 
She understood all the hype with Santa Claus, the gifts under the tree, and most importantly, the birth of Jesus.
It made it that much more exciting for me, and I really enjoyed getting into the Christmas spirit together with her this entire month.
So, here's to playing catch up with all my "Christmasey" stuff from the month of December!

(Picture overload)



houseslippers are a must in this cold New England weather!

Nick got his Christmas gift from me a few days early. I got him a new grill guard for his truck and side steps!

Me and my new Jeep. Let me just add, I DO NOT miss my Mercedes, ONE BIT!!! This thing is way cooler looking and way more fun to drive!

D and I did "girls night" and painted our nails.



I'm pretty much a domestic goddess that was screaming to get out when I was in the Marine Corps (I make it sound like I was in SO long ago)...lol. These are my chocolate chip snickerdoodles for Santa.

Our family has a tradition of opening our stocking stuffers on Christmas eve after dinner.


 Gotta love the dollar section at Target

Putting the cookies and milk out for Santa.


And poor Doze....we drew eyebrows on him with eyeliner. He always makes these crazy "facial" expressions at us, so we figured we'd "accent" the expressions by adding eyebrows. Hilarious.

I'm obsessed with Spin class. So Nick just brought spin class to my house!! He got me a Spin bike for Christmas!!!!!!!

My little superhero in her superhero jammies...complete with cape.


D got Hungry Hungry Hippos from Santa. Turns out, it's a fun thing to play as a family :-)

My little fashionista

We drove into Boston, and took the "T" to the Children's Museum. She was so excited to get to ride a train for the first time!

Future pilot? She would make her godfather proud.

Me and my angel in front of Boston harbor where the Boston Tea Party happened!


Most days, these two are the cause of my massive headaches, but look how cute they are :-)

1 comment:

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!