Friday, August 3, 2012

10 Reasons Why I Love Gabby Douglas


10> Her thousand kilowatt smile is a smile that is so easy to fall in love with.

9> She always looks so focused, but never nervous. If she is nervous, she NEVER shows it. I bet this is intimidating to other gymnasts that are competing against her.

8> The height she gets on the uneven bars is seriously ridiculous. Her nickname "Flying Squirrel" completely suits her.

7> Her floor routine music (We No Speak Americano) was the best out of all of the floor routines. It really got the crowd going, and I think it motivated her to just relax and have fun. I seriously feel like gymnasts (or whoever picks their music) floor routine music is terrible. It's like elevator music on crack. We need something exciting as spectators!!!!

6> She is mature beyond her years. If you've ever read her story, she told her mom at the age of 11 that she needed to move to another state to train with a better coach to get better and be challenged more. What 11 year old thinks like that?!

5> She (along with Team USA) has brought gymnastics back into the spotlight. I feel like gymnastics is often a forgotten sport.

4> She turns her sport into an art. WOW. That's all I can really say about that.

3> She's an inspiration to all athletes, no matter what sport they play. "Hard days are the best because that's where champions are made." If that's not motivation for an athlete having a rough day at practice coming from a gold medal winning Olympian, I don't know what is.

2> Her family. Girls like Gabby do not just happen without the support and guidance of an awesome family.

1> She loves God and is not afraid to say it on national TV. In her post medal ceremony interview, she said, ""It is everything I thought it would be; being the Olympic champion, it definitely is an amazing feeling. And I give all the glory to God. It's kind of a win-win situation. The glory goes up to him and the blessings fall down on me." She later posted on twitter, " "Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things He does for me."
In today's society with all the negativity surrounding Christians, it's refreshing to know that a young woman like herself can stay grounded and not let the fame and the glory go to her head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!