Sunday, June 6, 2010

Something Meaningful

I am officially back to my size 2-4 post baby body. I am thrilled about it. People ask me all the time how I did it, and honestly....it's been a combination of Nick deploying and being a mom. I'm oftentimes so busy being a mommy to Dannika that I forget to eat. No, it is not healthy to NOT eat. With Nick being gone, I don't ever eat out, and I hate cooking for myself. So my diet in the evenings consists of turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread (skip the mayo and cheese) and every once in a while, some whole wheat spaghetti topped with fresh chopped tomatoes and olive oil (with a dash of rosemary). I also have been running religiously every night...6-10 miles (with baby in tow in my high speed low drag jogging stroller), and every saturday and sunday, I do spin classes. I've also incorporated some weights and resistance training in the evenings before I go to bed. I can't wait for Nick to come home so he can see the "hot" new me!


Life's been a little crazy for me. Work hasn't gotten easier, and it's even more stressful when all I think about at work are Nick and Dannika....recruiting is the last thing I want to think about. I feel like I'm just going through the motions sometimes...trying to make the days pass...so it gets closer to Nick being home. I am positive I'll be the same, driven Marine I once was when I first came out here on this duty...but not until Nick comes home. No one quite understands when I say, "I'm tired". When I say, "I'm tired"...it means I've been up all night long (not cause of sleep insomnia), but I'm up all night long working. By work, I mean taking care of a teething baby who doesn't feel like sleeping at night. 

Is it weird though...that with all that going on...I wouldn't trade motherhood for the world????

PICS FROM THIS WEEKEND

This picture makes me laugh cause Dannika has no idea that she has a banana puff stuck to her little buddah belly.

After one of her crying fits...

She loves playing in the laundry basket....weirdo





Skyping with grandma and Aunt Lydi...

We decided to kill some time at the Burlington Coat Factory...apparently, she doesn't like waiting in line...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!