Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dannika's First Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day...always have always will...even when I was SINGLE! I've never been one of those people who mope around on Valentine's Day hating the world and all the happy couples. I think Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate L*O*V*E...not being in a relationship. People often get so wrapped up in life that they get comfortable around the people they love and forget to show them. What better way than to have a holiday dedicated to it! This year is no different for me. I mean, yes, I have been sad today cause I really wish Nick was here to celebrate together, but I was determined to make it special for Dannika. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday morning when FEDEX brought a bouquet of beautiful tulips for me from Nick with the sweetest note ever! I was then informed by Nick that I had 4 more days of gifts to expect in the mail. He always seems to know exactly what I need to be happy and make me smile. This morning, I took Dannika down to Capo Beach and went on a 5 mile run. I'm sooooo lucky to live in beautiful sunny Southern California! Afterwards, we came home, ate lunch and went down to Del Mar Street in San Clemente to do some shopping. I got Dannika and myself an outfit and probably spent way too much on a onesie for her at one of the boutiques there, but I couldn't help it, and she deserves the best! We had lots of fun. Tonight, the Praxedes' are dropping off their 2 year old son, Christopher off for me to watch while they go on their Valentine's Day date. I'm looking forward to that! Here are our pictures from today!

beautiful tulips...

can he be any sweeter?

After our run on the beach

Nothing like a 5 mile run to start off the day

Dannika and I hanging out in our backyard



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!