Thursday, October 20, 2016

Quick Thoughts

Dannika has some viral thing going around her school, so shes been home for two days now.
Those who know me hate when my routine is broken, and her being sick has put a wrench in it.
(I am a creature of habit, routines, and schedules...blame it all on the Marine Corps)
Those who know me know that if I miss a workout, I get extremely irritable, cranky, and unpleasant.
I didn't get to go to the gym today because Dannika is sick.

Then I remembered a friend of mine (who is an athlete) post on Facebook a while ago about how hard it was for him to take a "rest day" from working out.
I remember him saying how he literally had to fight the urge to go to the gym (guilty!).
But he wrote about how as an athlete, rest days are imperative in order to get stronger, faster, better.
Remembering that Facebook post from a while back help me find my center, and relax a little about missing ONE day. 
(breathe...it's gonna be ok)

It also made me realize how much I rely on the gym for my day to anxiety, stress, and overall well-being.
While the gym can be a great thing, it can also control you.
This is not something that I like about myself.
I sometimes plan my entire day around my gym time....not good.
Today reminded me that I need to rely more on God for things like my anxiety, stress, and overall well-being, and allow my gym time to be a supplement to that.

Dannika is missing picture day today, and I think I am more sad about that than she is.
I love cheesy school photos.
I'm pretty sure they'll do a make-up day.

Other than that, life is just peachy!
Our Marine Corps ball is this weekend, and I am really excited for it!

Happy Thursday, y'all!

 

1 comment:

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!