Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sadness

More lives lost.
I am so sad that this is the world that my innocent and precious children are growing up in right now.
I am sad for all the valuable lives lost...EVERY life. 
The two black men who were killed at the hands of police officers, and all the police officers who have been killed in the line of duty protecting and serving their communities.
I had to have a real and honest look at the way I view the world.
I can't even lie and say that I didn't think of the two black men who were killed and judge them by their "rap sheet". 
The thought crossed my mind, and I am ashamed that I even thought that.
My church did a powerful sermon today on love, hate and racism.
It wasn't through the eyes of a white man, the eyes of a black man, or the eyes of any man.
It was through the eyes of Jesus.
It really just comes down to this...
We are ALL His children....every broken person....we are His.
The only thing that can cure this hatred is His love, and the only way His love can be spread is through us...His children.


My Facebook is divided between two groups of people.
Two groups of people that I love, and two groups of people that I consider my friends and family.
 I find myself reading people's hateful comments and posts and memes and videos and whatever....
I don't even know what to say. 

The truth is, my police officer friends walk the streets of the communities that they serve and protect feeling like they have a giant target on their back.
The truth is, my black friends have to sit down and have real, painful, and unfair conversations with their sons about how to behave in the presence of police officers...a conversation I wouldn't even think about having with my own son.
Both scenarios are tough, and we need to see life through the eyes of each other and try and be more understanding.

Just some thoughts and ramblings.
I figured I haven't blogged much lately, so I figured I'd put some thoughts down here.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post because you're taking both sides into account, which is what I think so many people aren't doing. They're forgetting that REAL PEOPLE are on both sides of this and just picking the one they stick up for, and so much hate is showing through. My newsfeed is just like the one you describe. :(

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!