Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentine's Day haters

It's Valentine's Day weekend, y'all!

I LOVE Valentine's Day, and I love "LOVE".

I do know there are a lot of Valentine's Day haters out there...
I am reminded every year around this time via social media.

Here are several posts I see during this time of year...
 
"It's a hallmark holiday, and a gazillion dollar industry. The money spent on Valentine's day can go feed the hungry."

"Why do I need one day out out of the year to show someone I love them. If you really love someone, every day should be Valentine's Day."

"I hate everyone in a loving relationship."

They annoy me.
Why?
Because it's negativity in an already negative environment on social media.
There are people out there who actually love a reason to celebrate something, and you're just being a "Debbie Downer".

And lastly...

Posting your hate for Valentine's Day is unnecessary. 
Most people who post negativity about this day normally post things that are not uplifting or encouraging to others most of the time anyway.

They are the "glass is half empty" people.

There's enough hate going on around us today.
It's all over the news, the Internet, and social media.
What's so wrong about your friends posting their mushy, lovey posts all over your newsfeed for just a few days in February?
If it bothers you...stay off social media until February 15th!

So to all my Valentine's Day lovers out there...
Celebrate with your love!
Enjoy the cheesy cards, chocolates, and stuffed animals!
Enjoy your overpriced flowers, fancy dinner dates, and most importantly, with your special person.

Valentine's Day means a lot more to me because I've spent many of them without my "special person"...


 Happy Valentine's Day weekend, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. I love Valentine's Day too!! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't hate the day we just don't celebrate lol. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!