Sunday, February 7, 2016

"The Best Night of My Life!"

"Tonight is the BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!"
Dannika Jane, Age 6

Dannika went to her first ever daddy/daughter dance this past Friday.
She had been anticipating the evening for the past month.

On Friday morning when Nick dropped her off at school, her exact words to him were...
"Bye daddy! See you after school, and see you again at the daddy/daughter dance!!!"

We went to our local convenient store, and the clerk asked her, "what's up?"
She replied...
"I don't know? But I know what's up on Friday! The daddy/daughter dance!"

Needless to say, I'm pretty positive she was excited about it.

I decided to "interview" them after the dance for my blog to get their thoughts and reflections on it.

This is the "Daddy/Daughter" behind the blog edition....


Q: How did you feel while getting ready?

Dannika: I felt perfect because daddy was coming with me
Daddy: Like the luckiest dad in the world. I felt a little anxious because it was our first real date! We have to date our children to show them the right way to be treated.

Q: Dannika, what did you think of daddy when you first saw him in his uniform?

Dannika: I thought he was very handsome and like a gentleman.

Q: Daddy, what did you think of dannika when you first saw her in her fancy new dress?

Daddy: My breath was taken away. She’s not a little baby anymore.

Q: What was your favorite part of the date night?
Dannika: My favorite part of the date night was having food with daddy and dancing. Daddy brought me my food, and I thought that was kind like we have to do at “Forest Ridge” (her elementary school).
Daddy:  None of the other dad’s brought food to their daughter. They all made them get up with them. I told Dannika to sit and relax. My favorite part of the date night was dancing! It was so much fun. We didn’t even care who was around us. There was lots of dipping going on!

Q: What do you love most about daddy/Dannika?

Dannika: He always says “I love you”, and sometimes he gives me great big hugs! (Nick…we need to work on giving more great big hugs….sometimes isn’t cutting it…lol)
 Daddy: I just love how sweet and thoughtful she is. She asked me if there was soy in the food tonight because her friend Olivia (who was there) has a soy allergy.

Q: What date night do you want to do next?

Dannika: I would like to go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant like Chuy’s and Mad Taco (fancy for a 6 year old!).
Daddy: Ooh! Maybe a movie, and dinner at Mad Taco.

Q: Did you miss Mattis tonight (BE HONEST!)?
Dannika: yes
Daddy: (shook his head no)…..lol.

Here are some quick photos I snapped of them before they left for their magical night of dancing!








I'm so glad that they had a great time.
I got several texts throughout the night from Nick telling me what a good time he was having, and how much dancing they were doing!
I am so in awe of the man God gave me to be an example to our daughter!

6 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest thing. I am hoping one day Grace gets to experience this with her daddy because I really do believe it leaves a positive impression on little girls. Three cheers for Nick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The best advice I got was to "date your children"

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an awesome night that neither will forget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this absolutely melts my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so precious! I absolutely love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!