Saturday, November 7, 2015

Mimosa's Before a Field Trip?

Has it really been a week since I blogged?!?!
Holy "poop"....lol.
I'm taking macro economics this semester, and it is seriously ruining my life...
It has consumed every ounce of my being.......

But I know you don't care...
"cry me a river...blah blah blah.."

Ok....I'm OBVIOUSLY kidding about drinking adult beverages before a 1st grade field trip.
But, I'm not gonna lie....
The thought crossed my mind (and a friend of mine who I chaperoned with) when I imagined myself surrounded by a crowd of 100+ first graders running around a zoo.
I thought we'd have a hard time figuring out the difference between the kids and the animals!

The 1st graders of Dannika's school went to the Cameron Park Zoo in Waco for their field trip last Tuesday!

As a Marine, my biggest feeling of "mommy guilt" came from the fact that I couldn't do fun things with Dannika during a regular work week.
My life was dedicated to the Marine Corps and its' rigorous hours.
 The ONE thing I looked most forward to when getting out of the old gun club (amongst a million others) was getting to be "that mom" that got to go on field trips, class parties, and just be present in my kids' lives without the Marine Corps dictating my time.
I was over the moon to be able to work around my school schedule to chaperone her school field trip this year.
We had an absolute blast!




Dannika's class!
Her teacher Ms. Rod is THE BEST 1st grade teacher in the world.
I may be a teeny bit biased, but she's pretty awesome!

 My friend Katy and me with some of our kiddos (plus some extras).



Adorable, right?
Maybe we can round these kids up one day when they're older and get a similar photo.

The field trip was an absolute blast, and absolutely exhausting!
I got home, bathed the kids, threw on my PJ's, and had a giant glass of wine (or two).
I am so blessed to have the opportunity to chaperone a field trip!
I seriously used to dream of this stuff when I was an active duty Marine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!