Friday, November 20, 2015

Friday Thoughts

It's the last weekend before Thanksgiving.
Seriously...
Where did November go?
\\They say time flies when you're having fun//
I can't complain about how much I have been loving life in Texas.
This is definitely going to be one of the hardest duty stations to leave when it is time to move.
Southern California was tough to leave, but after being separated from Nick for a year, it made it easier knowing that we would finally be together under one roof again...even if it had to be Massachusetts.

So here are some Friday Thoughts...
Some deep thoughts and some "not so deep" thoughts...

****It was tough being a Christian in Massachusetts where it's not "popular", but finding an amazing home church (Connect Community Church) made it easy.
It's way easier being a Christian in Texas where there is a church on every corner, and EVERYONE literally goes to church on Sundays.
BUT....
The toughest place ever to be a Christian is the internet...Facebook to be exact. 
I find it harder and harder every day to bite my tongue as people bash my God and make a mockery of Him and Christianity.***
It was never supposed to be easy to be Christian.
John 15:18-19 
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."


 ****I can't believe that I have a 6 year old who reads chapter books. I'm pretty sure I was still trying to figure out Chicka Chicka Boom Boom in 1st grade.****

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -Joseph Addison 

 ****This awesome .50 cal round is a bottle opener made by a company called "Bottle Breacher". If you ever watch Shark Tank on ABC, they were featured on the show and made a deal with Kevin O'Leary. I love this company because 1) Their product is absolutely amazing, high quality, and just plain cool 2) They employ veterans, reservists, and active duty service members and 3) The CEO is a former Navy Seal himself!
A a short story about how awesome this company is...
I posted this photo of me holding Nick's bottle breacher on Instagram and complained that it was unfair that Nick had his own, and I did not. The company contacted me via IG that day and offered one to me "on the house" to thank me for my service and to thank me for being such a supportive Marine wife to my active duty husband. I kindly refused, to which Eli (the CEO) insisted it was "on them". I asked if they would personalize one for a Gold Star mom (SSgt Vincent Bell's mom),and of course they obliged. They literally had it shipped to her home within a week!
Go get you one....go get two, three!!! THEY'RE AMAZING!

 


So there are my Friday thoughts!
I hope y'all have an amazing weekend, and if you're in Central Texas, enjoy the little "cold front" we're getting.
And if you're in Massachusetts, you can laugh at our "cold front"....the high is in the 50's and people here in good ole Texas will probably be busting out their Uggs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!