Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Before and After Pics

I have been reluctant to post before and after pictures of myself throughout my post partum weight loss journey.
To simply put it, I'm super self conscious, and I feel like until I'm exactly where I want to be, I don't want anyone to see my imperfections.
I have been taking photos of myself every couple days to track my progress though.
I don't like to weigh myself because I feel like unless you are medically obese, the number on the scale is entirely inaccurate. 
*Remember, muscle weighs more than fat?*
I woke up this morning to have my usual bowl of oatmeal and flax, banana, and coffee.
I also wanted to nibble on a fun size kit kat bar...aka...our Halloween candy.
That is until I took a look at my "progress pic".
Then I decided that the fun size package of pure sugar and fat was not worth it.
The left is a pic I took 5 days ago (8 weeks post partum), and the right is a pic I took this morning (9 weeks).
Seeing myself in a picture like this just totally motivated me even more to continue doing what I'm doing.
I blogged about what I was doing in terms of trying to lose weight.
You can read about it here.

I had a girl ask me how many calories I was eating.
To be honest, I don't count calories.
I just eat clean and super healthy.
Maybe I'm breaking all the rules of weight loss...
I don't weigh myself, and I don't count calories...
But it seems to be working for me.
I don't need that kind of pressure in my life....
counting every little calorie I consume and stressing out about every little pound on that scale.

Also, I need to add, because I'm breastfeeding, it's important that I eat more calories.
Restricting calories while breastfeeding can diminish your milk supply, and that is a definite "no no" for me since my son is a champion eater.
This is why it's important to me that I make each calorie count, and that every calorie I am consuming is healthy for me and my milk supply for my baby.
I also really believe that breastfeeding is really speeding up my weight loss.
I didn't nurse my daughter for this long, and it took me a LOT longer to lose all the weight.
Who knows, but the rumors must be true?

I'm also a big advocate of planks.
I do 3 to 4 sets after every work out, and hold for a minute each set.
It tones up your shoulders, abs, legs, and butt!
Not to mention it really strengthens your core.

This was my very last prego pic...

I can't wait to show y'all my ball dress!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you - I have been eating WAY too much halloween candy this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look A-MAZING!! And breastfeeding totally helps because it burns calories. It also helps to shrink your uterus in the beginning which flattens your stomach early on. But you look great, and the fact that you turned away a kit kat, now that is will power!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look wonderful! You are going to rock your ball gown! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking so good! Keep up the hard work!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!