Monday, October 7, 2013

Post Pregnancy Weight Loss

Post pregnancy weight loss sucks.
There's no other way to put it.
I LOVE to work out, and I LOVE to stay in shape.
Fitness is a HUGE part of our family's life, and the only time I've ever been in a position to lose weight is after I have a baby.
I've maintained a pretty fit and healthy lifestyle for the majority of my adult life, so I've always worked out to "maintain".
I've never had to lose weight....except for after I have babies.
And it sucks.
I've been running, spinning, and Crossfitting for the last 3 weeks.
I don't eat carbs after breakfast.
I'm impatient, so when I don't see results right away, I get frustrated.
I just want my body back.
I want my stomach that's been stretched out to carry a baby for 9 months to go back to the way it was before....tight and toned.
It also drives me insane when people tell me things like, "It's only been 6 weeks."
I know it's only been 6 weeks!
Can't a girl just mope a little?

Remember how I said I never looked at the scale when I was pregnant?
Because of that, I'm not sure exactly how much weight I gained, and how much I've lost since giving birth.
Based on how my pants are fitting though, I'm guessing I have another 10 to 15 more lbs to lose.

BLAH!

On a random note...
Breastfeeding is going good...not great.
But definitely not bad to where I want to stop.
Breastfeeding is tough, but I'm enjoying it a lot more with my son than I did with my daughter.
I've also been pumping once or twice a day...
There's all 150ozs so far.
And since breastfeeding supposedly helps you burn calories, it's more of a reason for me to continue doing it.
Can I just add though that running for a breastfeeding mama kinda sucks.
I'm sure you can imagine why.

Little man had is one month well check last week.
He's 12lbs 8ozs and 22 inches long.
He's chunky.
90% for his weight!

And the "Duchess" of our home is still doing great.
She's an awesome big sister, and such an amazing help to me.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the hard work! It will pay off. You are doing a great job. Your little man is so handsome by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome and amazing and you'll be fine. But I know you needed to vent, so go right ahead.
    Secondly, breastfeeding helps you lost weight, but sometimes it can keep a few extra lbs on you for the whole time you B'feed. So PLEASE don't be too concerned. You are so healthy and in shape, it will be gone at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about.. how to sleep while pregnant

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!