Friday, February 1, 2013

Love, Love, and a little Discontent

It's February!
I don't care what all you "negative Nancies" say about Valentine's day, because I LOVE it.
I don't care that it's a commercial holiday.
I don't care that prices for flowers and chocolates are jacked up.

I love love!
I love that there is a day dedicated to love.
I am lucky enough to have a great man who shows me everyday how much he loves me and appreciates me, and I hope he feels the same about me.
HOWEVER, I still love February 14th being the one EXTRA special day of love.

With that said, I have no idea what I am going to do for my wonderful, hardworking, ridiculously good looking, patient, and loving husband.
I guess I still have 13 days to think about it!



On to my "woes".
I have a love/hate relationship with my dog. 
For those of you who don't know, my family owns a gigantic 100+lbs American bulldog named Dozer.
I fell in love with him the first day I got him.
I fell out of love with him after a month of having him, and my husband fell more in love with him.
(If you keep up with this blog or my facebook, you would understand my "issues" that I have had with him and my reasons for "falling out of love").
We have talked seriously about getting rid of him, but at the end of the day, my heart wouldn't let go of this giant white dog I took responsibility of.
I am emotionally invested in this dog now, and deep down inside, I am hoping for a "Marley and Me" type story in the end.
He does have great moments, and he really is a great companion to D and me...especially when Nick is gone, but sometimes, he's just too much for me.
 He is the first large dog I have ever owned.
I knew that large dogs were a lot more maintenance than small little pooches, but I never imagined how icky they could be.
I grew up with a 5lbs Pomeranian named Lucky (who passed away while I was deployed to Iraq *tear*), and in my opinion, no dog will ever compare to my Lucky.

 R.I.P....the most perfect dog ever


I guess I am venting about Dozer today because it's been a frustrating few days with him and his separation anxiety.
I've been seriously considering giving him away today (even though everyone knows I don't have the "balls" to actually go through with it.)

I really hope he grows more on me as he gets older...cause our relationship is strained right now, and I'm pretty sure my husband loves him more than I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!