Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Married to the Army : Alaska

If you haven't seen this amazing reality show on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN), you're really missing out!
OWN did a reality show following the lives of seven Army wives in Alaska while their husbands were deployed to Afghanistan.
I was completely hooked from episode 1.
I felt like I was watching my life going through a deployment with Nick through the life of another military wife on TV!
The same struggles, heartache, depression, worry...
The same happiness, joy, friendships with other military wives.....
I think it's more appealing to military families, but I have read in different forums and discussions where a lot of "civilians" are enjoying it as well.
The "civilian audience" gets a candid look into a part of military life that is oftentimes overlooked, and it's refreshing to see past the uniform.
I think the show does a great job of showing America "the other side" of the war that our nation has been fighting for a decade now.

I had the amazing opportunity to connect with one of the cast members, Sara Dunlap, via Twitter while the show was airing and eventually Facebook
I was instantly drawn to her because of her bubbly personality, warm smile, and the fact that she was a Texas girl (like me!!!).
I interviewed her for a piece on the Yahoo Contributor Network, and got to ask some burning questions I had for her while watching her life unfold on my TV.

If you haven't seen the show, you can see clips of it on the OWN website, and hopefully the network will have reruns!

Enjoy the article, and check out her bio on OWN's website!
Follow her on Twitter!

(click the link below)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!