Thursday, September 13, 2012

IT'S OFFICIAL

I got my medical discharge paperwork today!
I will get a hefty severance paycheck and a check from the VA for the rest of my life.
For those of you who do not know, I've had a knee and hip issue for the last 6 years that started on my first deployment (that I chose to "suck up", which made it worse.). I had surgery, physical therapy, prescribed tons of pain pills, and was given injections that I had a violent allergic reaction to. Because of my injury, I can no longer run, stand for long periods of time (formation), and I have chronic pain.
I will find out the exact date of my honorable discharge from active duty in about 2 weeks, but it will be sometime at the end of November or beginning of December.

I am on cloud 9.
I'm anxious.
I'm nervous.
I'm excited.

My emotions are crazy!

I thought this day would never come, and I've been waiting impatiently for what seems like an eternity!
But now, after it all set it...

I am SO nervous.

This is the only life I've known for the last TEN years of my life.
This is the only life I've known since I graduated high school.
My life has consisted of deployments, spending tons of time away for training, structure, political incorrectness......

It's scary. 

I hope I survive in the civilian world as a "dependent". 

I can't wait to turn in my military ID for the cute little peach colored dependent ID card.

Aside from nervousness and anxiousness...
there are a few things I am SO excited about

I'm excited to be a housewife.
I'm excited to be a stay at home mom (well home more than I am now).
I'm excited to have a home cooked meal ready for my husband after a long day of work.
I'm excited to be able to do fun things with Dannika during the week.
I'm excited to finally be a family together again.
I'm excited to use my amazing benefits to finish college.


Lots of prayers needed for the next phase of our lives!

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! :) And peach sounds nice. I always thought of it as beige. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So absolutely excited for you!! You will do great as "just a dependent!" ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!