Tuesday, September 11, 2012

11 Years

Every September 11th since September 11, 2001, I've always woken up with a sense of heaviness in my heart.
It's not that I don't think about that day every other day.
Let's face it, I have never served in a peacetime Marine Corps, and I never will.
That thought has a bit of somberness to it.

But this September 11th, I really just want to be grateful.

And as much as I want to hate the people who would attack our nation the way they did, I have to remind myself that Jesus loved and accepted thieves, bigots, prostitutes, the greedy, the poor, the rich...there wasn't anyone he did not love.

So today, I pray for everyone (to include myself) who has sadness in their heart and hatred towards our enemies. 
I pray that God can give us forgiveness in our souls and love in our hearts.


And thank you for all who have served and all who are currently serving.
Thank you to those who laid down their life so that my child gets a chance at a life in this amazing country of ours.
Thank you for allowing my family to be a family.

  phot cred: stefaniwelsh.com


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reminder. It's always a hard thing to remember that we have to pray for our enemies just as much.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!